It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:29 am

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

Alps solo

Hi guys!

Im traveling around the alps next summer and been looking for some high tours to do solo, since I dont have any climbing partner and the guides I used before are expensive as... ( fill in whatever proper negative word that come to mind ).
I have experience before w alpineclimbing and ordinary rockclimbing. What ive read is that Mönch in the Jungfrauregion is doable on your own. Anyone here done it solo ...
Read more : Alps solo | Views : 8012 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Europe

Andes in February

Does anyone want to do a few climbs in the Andes in late February? I'm open to any peaks I haven't already done. I have some free plane tickets I have to use.

Some ideas:

Uturunco
Juncal
El Plomo
Volcan Maipo
Marmolejo
Volcan San Jose
Ollagüe
Aucanquilcha
Sierra Nevada del Cocuy

I would like to do something like Tronador, but I'm guessing that anything heavily glaciated would have really broken up glaciers that late in ...
Read more : Andes in February | Views : 4998 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Inaugural launch of a mountain marathon in Mt. Kenya

The county goverment launched a mountain marathon to be held in February 22 in 2020. This marathon is targeting participants and spectators like me who loves to challenge heights and is grouped into 4 different events
Family fun 2 km
Children 6km and 8 km
Elite runners 12km
Read more : Inaugural launch of a mountain marathon in Mt. Kenya | Views : 7639 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Africa

Picacho del Diablo

Is anyone interested in climbing Picacho del Diablo next month? Supposedly it is the most scenic and spectacular mountain in Mexico. It has been on my list for quite a while. It's mostly a class 3-4 with a little class 5 on good granite and usually takes several days.

If I'm not on a project by then, I could wait until April as well.

Read more : Picacho del Diablo | Views : 6346 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Hiking high around Mexico City

What nice (non-boring) hikes can be done without guides around Mexico City that reach altitudes around ~4000m/13K'? We like to hike at altitude but are not climbers (no technical knowledge/gear) and would like to do some other high hikes besides Nevado de Toluca.

Thank you.

PS: Are accounts at SP deleted after some period if not active? I hadn't logged in in a while (2-3 yrs?) and had to re-register as neither my username, nor ...
Read more : Hiking high around Mexico City | Views : 2161 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Unclimbed peaks in Afghanistan- summer2020

Hi,
looking for some people who wants to try climb with me some unclimbed peaks in Wakhan Corridor in Afghanistan.
July 2020
Qala Punja Valley regio
5200-6450 masl
Read more : Unclimbed peaks in Afghanistan- summer2020 | Views : 2882 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Asia

Finding someone who scaled Mont Blanc in 1986

I am a nearly 50 yo Frenchman who lost both legs to frostbite thirty years ago in Mont-Blanc, French Alps, back to 1989, thirty years ago. I currently live in Cherbourg, Normandy, not far from debarkation shores.

I would like to submit you a request to find someone: I have been on the summit of mont Blanc in the afternoon of 30th of August 1986. There was an American alpinist there, he hold me his ...
Read more : Finding someone who scaled Mont Blanc in 1986 | Views : 3052 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Poland

Who here is from Poland? I'll be headed to Poland in a couple months and be staying there for several years as a minimum, would love to get networked in with some folks. I've been to the Tatras once and spent a lot of time in the Ukrainian Carpathians before.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Read more : Poland | Views : 6557 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136398