It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:15 am

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

Definitive 4000er guidebook

I was wondering what most people would consider to be the definitive guidebook to climbing 4000 meter peaks in the Alps. "The Alpine 4000m Peaks by the Classic Routes" by Richard Goedek seems to be mentioned a lot, but I wanted to see if that would be the best one to get. Gerry Roaches "Colorado's Fourteeners" has proved quited useful to me in planning hikes and climbs in the Rockies, so if there was an ...
Read more : Definitive 4000er guidebook | Views : 1555 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Stok Kangri in May?

I was planning a climbing trip to the Indian Himalayas in May (2006), but my partner has bailed.
It looks like I might be going by myself now. Since I'll be soloing, I'm thinking more along the lines
of attempting a "trekking" peak. I was looking at Stok Kangri. From what I've read so far, it
looks feasible to attempt it solo - at least there are no sections where you would need to be ...
Read more : Stok Kangri in May? | Views : 3135 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Asia

Suggestions for April Trip to Europe

I'll be in southern Germany for about 3 weeks starting in the beginning of April and wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions for a good climbing/ mountaineering experience for that time of year. I'm not sure how the snow levels have been at that time of the year in the past, or how the snow is looking this year (not that it won't change in a month...). I'm up for anything...cragging, alpine climbing, ...
Read more : Suggestions for April Trip to Europe | Views : 1922 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Europe

MONTAGNES

MONTAGNES
http://yannick.michelat.free.fr/

French mountains, Europas Mountains, world's mountains...
alpinisme, escalade, treks, expéditions...
photos et vidéos

See You soon.... :wink:
Read more : MONTAGNES | Views : 631 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

NO ONE HAS DIED on Ojos del Salado!

Basically a private message to those who may have heard the false rumours about the last day's incident on and around OdS.

Facts:
    The Argentinian climber who got HAPE or another similar condition is down and quite ok by now.
    The Basque and the Spaniard are still up there in the area close to Ojos. Unfortunenately they don't know what has happened to the Argentinian climber and that's why they have "disappeared". They are ...
Read more : NO ONE HAS DIED on Ojos del Salado! | Views : 3604 | Replies : 0 | Forum : South America

Mountain Rescue Italy

:lol: hello

does anybody know the Italian mountain rescue website or phone number, im climbing in Grand Paradiso this year and would like to have their details.
Read more : Mountain Rescue Italy | Views : 3917 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Europe

Aconcagua in February (the conditions?)

Hello!

It seems that the vast majority of the Aconcagua climbers attempt the mountain in December - January. I might not be able to travel to the area in that time of the year in 2007 so I would like to know if someone among the Summitpost readers has been on the mountain in February? What are the conditions like at that time of the year compared to January? Any radical differences in winds, temperatures ...
Read more : Aconcagua in February (the conditions?) | Views : 4424 | Replies : 5 | Forum : South America

Tre Cime di Lavaredo (3 Zinnen)

I reworked the 3 Zinnen page and split the towers off into separate pages. I would be interested in transferring ownership of all the towers except Cima Grande, the only one I have been on. I don't want to maintain pages of things I haven't been on. I will transfer ownership only to a member(s) who will actually work on the page and who has first hand knowledge. Send me a PM if interested.
Read more : Tre Cime di Lavaredo (3 Zinnen) | Views : 950 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Europe

Advice for trekking out of Darjeeling

My wife and I have a week in April to go trekking out of Darjeeling on the Singalila Ridge. We both want to do a bigger trek than this, but are strapped for time (living in Bangalore with jobs).

Has anyone done this trek before? I'm mostly curious as to whether or not we should hire a guiding service. We are both strong hikers and routefinders, so I'm not concerned with needing someone to help ...
Read more : Advice for trekking out of Darjeeling | Views : 655 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Asia

Message deleted by author

Message deleted by author
Read more : Message deleted by author | Views : 1434 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557932 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136363