It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Cannot Post in Partner Forum for Alaska and Canada

Hoping to find partners to climb in Alaska but whenever I go to post in the forum it sends me back to my profile page. Tried logging out and back in with no luck. Would certainly appreciate your help. Thanks!!
Read more : Cannot Post in Partner Forum for Alaska and Canada | Views : 2088 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Downloading images/photos

On the summitpost website, can images/photos be downloaded as JPG files or JPEG files? I have tried but I have not succeeded. My goal is to download the images/photos to my computer, transfer them from my computer to a flash drive, take the flash drive to Staples, pay Staples to print out the images/photos and then take the printed images/photos with me on my mountain climb so I can refer to them. I go to ...
Read more : Downloading images/photos | Views : 6768 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Site Feedback

Dennis Poulin obituary and pages

I hate to sound like the Angel of Death lately, but I was looking back and found some common contributors may have passed on. One of of them is Dennis Poulin: https://www.summitpost.org/users/dennis-poulin/17417

He passed just over two years ago.
https://www.memorygardensmortuary.com/o ... nis-poulin

I will not be able to take any of his pages, since I haven't visited those areas. However, please assist to keep his ...
Read more : Dennis Poulin obituary and pages | Views : 6435 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Page Adoption Forum

Noondueler

Hey folks, unfortunately Windsor Riley or "Noondueler" passed away about 4 years ago. His pages are wonderful and belong on the site. They are pretty much all in California. If you hike in the Sierras or Napa Valley, please see if you can adopt his pages. I am in process of adopting several of them. Send me a PM if you want to adopt any of these to keep his great work alive and updated. ...
Read more : Noondueler | Views : 3859 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Page Adoption Forum

photos and descriptions

This has probably been posted already but can it be a requirement that photos are labeled with description? I don't understand the numerous photos without.
Read more : photos and descriptions | Views : 1705 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

trip reports gone?

Two trip reports have disappeared from my page. Haven't been active in a while, but I'd hoped to refer these reports to a friend going to Scotland. Both were on Isle of Arran, and SP is the only place I had them.

Thanks,
Myles
Read more : trip reports gone? | Views : 2284 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Mountain Page signature photo cropping

Ok, so for the ***teenth time, Matt, please reprogram the way signature images appear on pages.

I had to upload a new signature photo to the Clark Mountain page.

So I found one I wanted to use: this image
But when I uploaded it, the usual thing happened: the top of the mountain got cropped off and the picture got stretched. The outcome is ridiculous and I cannot believe such a visual outcome has been ...
Read more : Mountain Page signature photo cropping | Views : 1507 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

Unable to Post to Eastern US Boards Unable to Post to Eastern US Boards

Hi All,

For some reason, i'm unable to post to Eastern US boards. In all other boards when i click on "Post a new topic" button , it redirects to the new post page, however, for Eastern US, it takes me to my profile page. Is this a bug or does it require any updates to my profile page first? :? It seems to work fine for ...
Read more : Unable to Post to Eastern US Boards | Views : 2540 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Created new page and Add Trip Report not displaying

I am in the process of creating a new route page for Llullaillaco. The new route page is called Llullaillaco Northeast (Inca) Route. The page is created but I am not seeing where I can add a trip route of my recent climb of that route. Under the Contribute section of the left side navigation pane, I only see the options: Add Multiple Images, Add Image and Add Album.
On the parent page "Llullaillaco" I ...
Read more : Created new page and Add Trip Report not displaying | Views : 4625 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Page Help

Endless Login Loop with LastPass / Google Password Manager

Sometime around the the first of the year 2020, the account login workflow begin initiating endless loops, at least in Google Chrome.

As a starting point, I believe the endless login loop is somehow related to the Google Chrome password manager or the LastPass extension for Google Chrome. Having enable/disabled/deactivate both features as allowed, I'm not able to isolate the issue to one, the other, or any combination thereof with my meager skills.

Incognito made ...
Read more : Endless Login Loop with LastPass / Google Password Manager | Views : 8496 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557933 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136368