It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:52 am

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Hide / Remove Ads from New Editor Mode if Meta Name = Mobile

I would suggest hiding Google ads from mobile devices while in "New Editor" mode. In full-screen desktop, there are no ads visible when in "New Editor" mode. On mobile, the Google ads overlay the "New Editor" iframe (?) page scrolling and/or take up too much space as to make the "New Editor" mode on mobile devices practically unusable.

This is an unnecessary inconvenience. Anyone with editor permissions is already supporting the site ...
Read more : Hide / Remove Ads from New Editor Mode if Meta Name = Mobile | Views : 3805 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Feedback

Primary Image for Trip report

I find the pictures for the mountain pages "picture of the day, week, moment ...what't the word... huge? You really do not see the whole photo... maybe the best part is on the perimeter?... Any way, so is the primary image for a route or trip report. What can I do to get the whole picture displayed in my primary picture. Thank you
Read more : Primary Image for Trip report | Views : 4085 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Page Help

Disappearing Images

I posted a few pictures yesterday and they have disappeared.
Read more : Disappearing Images | Views : 5433 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Feedback

Photo the Day

The photo of the day (old cabin) is on front page from last three days. Any reason https://www.summitpost.org/old-cabin/1033271 ?
Read more : Photo the Day | Views : 4337 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Bug RE: width, max-width, and height CSS

Video Walkthrough link on Dropbox. I don't know how else to explain this other than through a demonstration.

Source Page: White Butte, ND State Highpoint
Read more : Bug RE: width, max-width, and height CSS | Views : 14687 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Site Feedback

New Zealand tourism ads - Really?

Running the "I Need It / I Need New Zealand" ads seems like really bad taste to run these ads right after the shooting there this past week. At least stop them for a week or so? It looks like they're from Google AdSense, but regardless if its from a contract service its making Summitpost look insensitive buffoons. Please stop them for a while. Thanks
Read more : New Zealand tourism ads - Really? | Views : 3048 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Embedding pics into text body

How do I get my text tight with embedded pictures using the new editor? I apologize for asking. I've been away for a long time and I'm still getting used to all the changes.
-Kiefer
Read more : Embedding pics into text body | Views : 4696 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Page Help

Pictures without title and caption

Currently the site has been increasingly invaded by photos published without any description. The thing is very annoying even if sometimes the photos are valid. SP is above all an information site on the mountain and the publication of anonymous photos should somehow be discouraged. Could we not introduce an automatic option to avoid the publication of these anonymous photos?
Read more : Pictures without title and caption | Views : 5520 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Site Feedback

Image Alignment (pure HTML is ok)

I'm in the process of updating the page for the White Butte, ND state highpoint (use the search feature for White Butte, ND, page ID 151926; I'm not special enough to have permission to post links).

There are two sets of images which I want to be aligned side-by-side. The first set is in the "Getting There" section and the second set in in the "Red Tape" section.

After completing the original edits, the pictures ...
Read more : Image Alignment (pure HTML is ok) | Views : 4706 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Page Help

Photo Resolution

It appears that we can no longer view a posted photo at it's "original resolution", as we have been able to do for a very long time.....BUMMER!
Read more : Photo Resolution | Views : 3745 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557944 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136387