It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Annoying Ads?

Normally I don't mind little advertisements and stuff, even when it becomes graphical and such when slowing down a page (I don't get that on SP thank goodness) I can still deal with it. But today when viewing a forum thread a movie advertisement auto played which had sound as well. This woke up my brother who was sleeping, and this happened again later on which I finally decided to mute my sound. Now I ...
Read more : Annoying Ads? | Views : 2488 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

Time Limit for Editing/Deleting Posts?

I asked this yesterday but deleted it because it really wasn't the right thread for it, so here's a poll.

Please feel free to discuss pros and cons. We'll wait at least a week before doing anything.

And if you're in favor, how long should the time limit be? One minute, three, five, ten? Something else?

By the way, although each member can only vote one time, I've enabled the poll so that you can ...
Read more : Time Limit for Editing/Deleting Posts? | Views : 7013 | Replies : 33 | Forum : Site Feedback

frontpage of SP

today's is the best all-around i ever have seen....

its like an awesome Alpinist issue without ads.

it rocks
Read more : frontpage of SP | Views : 741 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

Success Rate Feature Success Rate Feature

I think it would be cool if summitpost had a success rate feature. How it would work would be based on your climbing log. When you sign a page there is a check box which says "Were you successful?" which it would be based on that. If you sign 4 climbing logs and have only succeeded on only 3 of the logs you signed, then on your profile somewhere (perhaps in or below the climbing ...
Read more : Success Rate Feature | Views : 1742 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Feedback

Make a "favorite" / "to do" button?

Not sure if this has been suggested already (or I just am missing it), but it would be great to have an option to "favorite" a specific page (mountain, route, etc..) that then goes to a list you can look at later.
Read more : Make a "favorite" / "to do" button? | Views : 2963 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Site Feedback

What information is relevent to Summitpost? What information is relevent to Summitpost?

since we're on MBPost subject, if it doesn't have a cliff or mountain etc...
Can it be kept on MBPost and not double posted on SummitPost please?

http://www.summitpost.org/r-gen-island/633025

Butterfly, lighthouse, flower, beaches, cow, pastures...
Summitpost is getting swamped by 'beautifull' and useless information that doesn't correspond to the 'theme' of the site.

When I look a what's new on Summitpost, do I want to see a lighthouse?
NO, If I did, I'd go to http://www.topthings.org/2007/11/27/the-most-beautiful-lighthouses-of-the-world/. ...
Read more : What information is relevent to Summitpost? | Views : 8205 | Replies : 30 | Forum : Site Feedback

Mountain Page Deletion

Ok, so I was recently looking for a mountain page. I climbed this mountain 5 or 6 times and was looking for a new route that would lead to an adjacent mountain. Since I couldn't find this mountain page, I decided to create it and share what I knew about the mountain. When I quit working on it, the page wasn't ready, as I hadn't planned on creating a page, but was looking for more ...
Read more : Mountain Page Deletion | Views : 1517 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Maybe a redundant question

How do I add a photo while in the forum? For example, I want to comment back to someone with a photo. Do I first have to upload it to my personal photo's within summitpost first?
Read more : Maybe a redundant question | Views : 5386 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Page Help

Cannot Detach a page from my page? Cannot Detach a page from my page?

I cannot seem to disattach this page http://www.summitpost.org/shervin-shelter/384301 from my photo of the hour album. Is this a glitch? Not a big deal, but if page owners can't disattach irrelevant pages it makes me feel like I am powerless to make things easier for admins. Perhaps I could make the album private?
Read more : Cannot Detach a page from my page? | Views : 2549 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293