It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:49 am

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Interrogation

Do we really need to be asked, "Will you allow SummitPost to access your location?" ad nauseam during the same session?
Read more : Interrogation | Views : 3417 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

How to change profile image?

Per the thread title ... there doesn't appear to be a way to delete an old profile image and/or upload a new one to replace it.

Please advise?

EDIT: Nevermind ...
-- When logged in and viewing "Home -> User Profile Image," select "Admin Editor Options -> New Editor" from the yellow hover dropdown menu.

-- Browse and select a new image to replace the existing profile image.

-- Selecting "Submit Changes" at the bottom ...
Read more : How to change profile image? | Views : 2830 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Page Help

Can't get photo urls anymore

I can't get photo urls to post photo links to the forum anymore. It used to be simple. You would right click and get the url. Now I can't figure out how to do it at all.

What happened?
Read more : Can't get photo urls anymore | Views : 3695 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

Picture size

As you can see, someone sent me a message saying that he is unable to enlarge and read this map that I made on Summitpost:

https://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=189982&type=vote_comments&discussion_id=504261#504261

At the time, I told him to check for "size" on the right upper side of the page, click on "original size" and the then "plus button". Now I see that the "size" option has been replaced with "view high resolution image". When I click on that and the ...
Read more : Picture size | Views : 4106 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

Forum login problems - cookies

A change was made recently to the way forum cookies are set in the hopes of getting rid of the problem where users are logged into the site and not the forum.

Several people have reported not being able to log into the forums. In order to fix this problem, it will require a full cookie flush for anyone who was previously logged in.

If you don't know how to delete cookies, simply Google how ...
Read more : Forum login problems - cookies | Views : 3074 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

policy question - world map of mountains policy question - world map of mountains

Dear SummitPost veterans,

I work for a small design company and we recently published a world map of mountains (a printed wall map). We would be really interested in the community's opinion on our map features, like for instance the color-coding of all summits, depending on their altitude.
However, if I posted a link to our store-page, where you could find more information about the map, I'm afraid that I would most likely violate your ...
Read more : policy question - world map of mountains | Views : 3233 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

New server for SummitPost

As of around 10:30 PST on Monday 11-26-2018, SummitPost now resides on a new set of servers. There are some small bugs we are fixing right now associated with the move, but please report any problems, bugs or unexpected behavior in this thread or in the REPORT BUGS HERE thread.

Thanks!
Read more : New server for SummitPost | Views : 2940 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

Page changes?

Nearby Mountains/Rocks and Interactive Map and Topo Map as well as Mountain and Rocks in X Country or State was removed. Also, the main photo became a cover photo. Changes are fine, but why has so many of the search tools been removed? Interactive maps are really helpful.
Read more : Page changes? | Views : 12438 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Site Feedback

Front page trip reports/articles

Just curious as to why, since the big changes to the site, nothing seems to change here-Same trip reports, same articles, month after month.
No offense meant to the members who posted these TRs and articles but I think that everyone that wanted to know what really happened to Charity Stevens on Mount Shasta figured that out long ago.

Just curious........
Read more : Front page trip reports/articles | Views : 7523 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Site Feedback

Can't Create New Post In WA/OR Forum

I would like to create a new post to ask some questions about climbing Rainier but do not have sufficient permissions. Help?
Read more : Can't Create New Post In WA/OR Forum | Views : 5338 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557933 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136367