It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Making my TR look purty

I want to make my trip report look purty like them smart peoples', but don't know the code :( Looking to 1. get the photos next to each other (as opposed to each one occupying the same line, taking up way too much space), & 2. get, say, a photo on 1 side of the page, & getting the text to wrap around it for the same ...
Read more : Making my TR look purty | Views : 2010 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Page Help

Suggested added feature to SP

With all the new bells & whistles and hood ornaments on SP lately,
figured I'd throw out an idea that would be of some use...

When uploading trip reports, mountain/area pages, what-have-you...
how feasable would it be to be able to save one's work in an 'inactive' status, viewable only by the poster until
the submission is ready to post publically?
This would probably curtail the 'work in progress' pages and enable people to upload ...
Read more : Suggested added feature to SP | Views : 1886 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Site Feedback

Tutorial: How to embed an interactive map in your post

Thanks to Matt for making this possible.

First I am going to show you an interactive map and then I will show you how to add similar maps to your own posts.

This map is for part of the Cloud Peak Wilderness in Wyoming. The map is ‘live’. You can pan, zoom, right-click and play with the buttons in the upper right corner.

Instructions for adding an interactive map to your post:

1. Paste ...
Read more : Tutorial: How to embed an interactive map in your post | Views : 1896 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

I might have a question on embedding maps

I'm trying to figure out how to embed a live Google API map in my post. Typically I would do that with an iframe. However, when I click 'Preview' my map does not render in the preview pane. Therefore I am making this post. If my map actually renders, great. If my map does not render then hopefully my iframe code will appear in my post and someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. ...
Read more : I might have a question on embedding maps | Views : 1946 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Site Feedback

Big Maria deleted from SummitPost

Planning to climb Big Maria in the Mohave in a week. Any clue as to why the peaksite has been deleted from SummitPost? Its on public lands.

Dan baxter
Read more : Big Maria deleted from SummitPost | Views : 2664 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Site Feedback

Editing the HTML for your profile page

I am wondering how I can customize parts of the HTML code that makes my profile page. I am trying to add background photos that will cycle through at a given time.
For an example of what I'm trying to do, see this users page:
http://www.summitpost.org/users/josh-lewis/67750

Thanks
Read more : Editing the HTML for your profile page | Views : 3536 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Page Help

New Forums?

In the past, there was sometimes talk of splitting forums such as Southwest and East into other, more specific ones.

Is there still any interest in that? Any need? Any other climbing-related forums people might like to see?

Constructive ideas are most welcome.
Read more : New Forums? | Views : 5813 | Replies : 34 | Forum : Site Feedback

Google Maps are cool

Played most of my Sunday evening making the map of the Massif Central :
http://www.summitpost.org/massif-centra ... #chapter_2
Since Google Map allows drawing areas by choosing the colour, and putting links inside, I must say they are pretty good for illustrating SP pages. Thinking about drawing such maps for all my areas ! :)
Read more : Google Maps are cool | Views : 1381 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557933 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136368