It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Adding "favourites"

I'd like to have a feature on my personal SP-page where I could add my "favourite" mountain-page(s). Maybe a list which could host shortcuts to let's say ten SP-pages. Something like bookmarks. Sometimes when planing a trip which involves several mountains that would be useful and timesaving I think.
Read more : Adding "favourites" | Views : 1425 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Site Feedback

New person needs elf check

http://www.summitpost.org/users/fuckyou/67912

I'm guessing this really isn't the pictured person.
Read more : New person needs elf check | Views : 10119 | Replies : 38 | Forum : Site Feedback

MBPost

Hi !

Since the recent upgrades on SP there is not link anymore to MBPost from Summitpost. Thanks to it the other site regularly received some frech blood and new sumbissions. But since then it seems more and more deserted...
Apart from that it gets more and more spam.... Would the new version of the forum, like it was done in SP, help to get rid of them ?
Thanks,
Eric
Read more : MBPost | Views : 9089 | Replies : 28 | Forum : Site Feedback

Filtering Climber's Logs

Currently you can sort climber's logs by either date submitted or date climbed, in either ascending or decending order.

It would be nice if you could apply a filter to the month. If a peak had 100 entries in the climber's log but you wanted to check out any comments on winter ascents, you could filter on a month, or a couple of winter months, rather than plow through each entry for something that may ...
Read more : Filtering Climber's Logs | Views : 547 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

SummitPost.org Inaccessible at Times???

Has anyone noticed this? I'll come to the site and I keep getting re-directed to a SummitPost: Thanks for Visiting site with a few ads on it and no access to the forums or the site or anything.

I like this site but its becoming frustrating. When I can only use it at select times of the day. What is going on? Are the servers frequently down or something?
Read more : SummitPost.org Inaccessible at Times??? | Views : 2577 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Site Feedback

I apologise,

SoCalHiker. I shouldn't have expressed myself like that.
It was bad form.
Read more : I apologise, | Views : 1006 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Site Feedback

Can't post photos

The "can't post photos" issue is raising its head again. Don't know if it's just me / isolated or if the problem is more widely spread on the site. I managed to get a small handful of photos posted last night, but they were the exception, not the rule. For the most part, if I try to post a photo, after hitting "submit," the site "gets hung up" on the process...then reverts to a mostly ...
Read more : Can't post photos | Views : 3791 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Site Feedback

Site Connectivity Issues

Mods why do you keep deleting my post on a legitimate site connectivity problem? And keep doing so without an explanation. This is a real issue that likely affects multiple people including folks who my be interested in the site and not even members yet. There is no reason that hotel IPs need to be banned, and as a result people get a page filled 100% with advertising.

I will keep asking until there is ...
Read more : Site Connectivity Issues | Views : 1225 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Site Feedback

Rating the elves?

No, I am not suggesting that the Elves will be subjected to the same voting procedure as pictures etc. :D

But the recent swelling of the ranks, and the different titles: site administrators, forum moderators, global moderators etc. are confusing.

The following are listed as GLOBAL MODERATORS:

admin
Josh
Ryle

Bob Burd
mvs
Vid Pogachnik
Dave K
Gangolf Haub
sp elf

Montana Matt
Bob Sihler
dadndave ...
Read more : Rating the elves? | Views : 1387 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Site Feedback

Help in deleting "topic" I created??

How do I delete threads that I created??
Read more : Help in deleting "topic" I created?? | Views : 2661 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Page Help

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293