It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:34 am

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

What's this about?

http://www.summitpost.org/dropdown-help ... ore/684718

I'm guessing this is a not-yet-implemented feature, but that the idea is that a suggestion score (SS) will appear somewhere on each mountain page, person's profile (other pages? routes?) when you're logged on.

I'm very confused about how the score is calculated. Can you be specific?

What's the intended use/benefit of ...
Read more : What's this about? | Views : 1110 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Site Feedback

Climbers' log count

I noticed on one of my mountain pages the climber log count is at 7. I press on it to see who has signed it and it lists only 6 members. No big deal, just wondered about it.
Read more : Climbers' log count | Views : 1314 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Page Help

Area's peak lists on Google maps

I always wondered if it is possible to enbed such google map into an SP page :
http://www.summitpost.org/object_list.p ... _id=333316

However something tells me it might not be so simple to do....

Another question: would it be easy to make such modification that: when you have an area with sub-areas (take for example the Alps, the Pyrenees, or whatever), and when you want to display the peaks map of ...
Read more : Area's peak lists on Google maps | Views : 657 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

Ryle stopped by...

I was perusing who was on-line at the bottom of the forums page and noticed Ryle was logged in and just as fast he was gone. Don't know if he has been active much lately or if this was a one time shot. Hopefully he and maybe even Josh are taking an interest again. Time will tell...
Read more : Ryle stopped by... | Views : 845 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Site Feedback

Image search +

Would it be difficult to improve the image search by choosing some characteristics, like the with/length ratio, or some size ranges like the Google image search ?
For example if I look for a panorama to insert in a peak page (let's say that for example a panorama has a ratio of 1/3)
Thanks !
Eric
Read more : Image search + | Views : 1331 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Images with long title or with link in title do not appear

Here is an example with Luiso's picture in the second position :
http://www.summitpost.org/fauna-of-the-pyr-n-es/505070
I noticed the same with many of my pictures into which I previously put a link (area name, etc), which I now try to correct...
This phenomenon occurs only since the last update of SP.
Any way to fix it ?
Thanks !
Read more : Images with long title or with link in title do not appear | Views : 2240 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Site Feedback

Too many sticky threads

Seems like we can unstick some of these threads by now. There are so many most users overlook them.

There are two on GPX features, one in General and one in Site Feedback. Perhaps we can unstick the General one, or combine it with the Site Feedback one now?

In General, 'Private messages older than 1 year will be deleted daily' seems unneeded there now. Maybe unstick it, and if needed put a comment somewhere ...
Read more : Too many sticky threads | Views : 1009 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Feedback

Yes? No? When?

Matt,

recently two items that affect the content area of the site have been discussed. I am just wondering if these are potential changes, or just hopes and dreams?

And if changes, what kind of timing are we looking at for each? A couple months? A year? Wait until a new SP version, maybe several years?

The first, on making it so that 7, 8, 9, or 10 votes all have a positive impact on ...
Read more : Yes? No? When? | Views : 11081 | Replies : 67 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557944 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136394