It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:21 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Upcoming changes in ad placements

I thought it would be best to let people know that there will be some changes coming with regards to ads on SummitPost. With the server upgrade in January (that coincided with making the site mobile-friendly), SummitPost costs more to operate now and, for the first time since I've been working with SP starting in 2006, SummitPost didn't earn enough revenue cover its operating costs for the first quarter of 2018.

As such, action will ...
Read more : Upcoming changes in ad placements | Views : 33210 | Replies : 60 | Forum : Site Feedback

Delete user xzxvasfs15 Delete user xzxvasfs15

q-963146376-t82869.html

Lots of bogus posts in Chinese Ban this jerk :evil:
Read more : Delete user xzxvasfs15 | Views : 3834 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Bad Submissions

Photo Resolution

I used to be able to click twice on a photo and view at full resolution. That second click, and therefore full resolution, is no longer available. WHY?
Read more : Photo Resolution | Views : 3121 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

Items needing deletion

I was able to delete the person, but not the page.

https://www.summitpost.org/web-designing/1017795

Perhaps we can use this thread to point out objects that need to be deleted, since the elves don't have access to deletions anymore.
Read more : Items needing deletion | Views : 3195 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Bad Submissions

image upload

I went to my profile to upload some photo's and the format was different than what I remembered. I couldn't figure out how to do the uploads. Help please.
Read more : image upload | Views : 3732 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Page Help

Suggestion from a new user - message appoval times etc

I'm a new user who joined to website a month or so ago. I'm keen to interact with the knowledgeable community here, but it's proved to be a challenging experience. I suspect that many new users come here, try to get involved, and then move on elsewhere. A sad outcome for what has obviously been a great site with many active people in the past.

Most challenging is the amount of time it takes to ...
Read more : Suggestion from a new user - message appoval times etc | Views : 5119 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Site Feedback

Coordinates off

I just noticed that about 20 pages or so in Asia, Europe, South America, Canada, and the Pacific Northwest, have coordinates in Arizona.

See here: https://www.summitpost.org/object_list.php?object_type=1&distance_1=100&distance_lat_1=32.84000&distance_lon_1=-113.91000

This covers different page owners. Many of these pages are a few years old, with no fixes ever done. Not sure how to address since there are a lot of these.
Read more : Coordinates off | Views : 2472 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Bad Submissions

Giving up

I'm sorry, but let's cut to the chase. This may not be nice to say, but the new SP and new editor are both incredibly frustrating and not user friendly in any way, shape, or form. I don't think it's going to be fixed. Creating a page is an absolute nightmare. Adding photos and attaching them to the page is awful. The old editor no longer works properly and is a jumbled mess.

Photos get ...
Read more : Giving up | Views : 23205 | Replies : 49 | Forum : Site Feedback

Deleting a posting or photo

Tried doing this on a classified post and some photos that were part of the post and can't figure out what it takes to do it. Clicked on the "options" box in the edit mode and nothing happens. Am I missing something?
Read more : Deleting a posting or photo | Views : 7126 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Site Feedback

Power Outage

My power dropped five points overnight. Was it something I said? Just curious...
Read more : Power Outage | Views : 3253 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136398