It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:54 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

What's New?

The Facts Sheets don't appear on What's New?
There's a empty slot at the end, beside New Huts & Campgrounds. Could they be there?
Read more : What's New? | Views : 598 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Alabama Hills Pages.....What A Mess!

Ok, seeing how the response from some page owners have either been ignored or brushed off, I'm asking the elves to help "clean up" the overall order of things for the Alabama Hills AREA. I'm seeing ROCKS (ie walls, formations etc) within the Alabama Hills listed as "routes" (???) and formations listed as being identified as something other than the rocks with the AREA.

Area & Ranges = Alabama Hills
Mountain & Rocks = The ...
Read more : Alabama Hills Pages.....What A Mess! | Views : 6308 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Site Feedback

Forum search

I'm trying to re-find a link I posted a long time ago in the forum thread Polish Team (now "PL-SK-CZ-H Team", related to peak Roszutec) and I'm realizing how solving a technical issue could be useful in long forum threads. The Forum search shows that my keywords do belong to the forum thread but doesn't show which of the 54 pages contain it. I started to browse them one by one but it's fastidious.
Read more : Forum search | Views : 2394 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

SP emails

I received an email message from a new SP user (seems pretty legit), and tried to reply, but the 'From:' header was "SummitPost.org <no-reply@summitpost.org>". What's up with that ??

I guess I could just look up his username and send him a PM, but that seems kind of unwieldy. Anyway, thought someone in the code department might want to know :)
Read more : SP emails | Views : 4412 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Site Feedback

Changing Gear Categories

I recently did a review on a back pack and put it under the "backpack" section, instead of the "Hydration System" section. How do I change categories without deleting and creating a whole new page? It wouldn't be that much work for me to do that, but I'm sure there's and easier way.
Read more : Changing Gear Categories | Views : 1546 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Page Help

What the ....

Looks like "renegade samurai" just came back.

http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=63455

But .. doesn't this belong on PnP ??? ?
Read more : What the .... | Views : 9788 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Bad Submissions

What happened to .... Moved:

When moving a topic from one forum to another, there is an option to leave a "shadow" in the current forum, which looks like - "Moved: ..."
For whatever reason, this feature is not working as it used to and the "Moved:" tag is disappearing for most of the moved threads. I have sent a note to Matt to see if he can explain/fix it, but in the meantime, please be aware that this is ...
Read more : What happened to .... Moved: | Views : 4599 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Site Feedback

where is

OK, the aim is not to know why, who's fault... I don't want to know.
One of our most prolific contributors has disappeared. He had produced a very valuable content about his part of the Slovenian Alps. Is his work gone for ever ?
I will deeply regret his photos and all the pages he wrote. What a loss of knowledge for SP :( Whatever is the ...
Read more : where is | Views : 5327 | Replies : 32 | Forum : Site Feedback

Copyright Issues.

Very sad to see a copyright dispute over the title given to a recent article here.

It was in respect of a current front page article, "Ushba, Forbidden Mountain" by alexclimb.

Vladimir Kopylov made this comment on it, (I am not sure if this did lead to a small change in the title of the article):-

I would like to Inform You, that the name "Forbidden Mountains" - is the title of my English version ...
Read more : Copyright Issues. | Views : 5779 | Replies : 35 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557934 • Total topics 55835 • Total members 136368