It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:19 am

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Should I delete this page?

http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/596836/Hieroglyphic-Mountains.html

A few SPer's have commented on this page and don't like that I have sourced most of the information from wikipedia.

My take on it is why reinvent the wheel? The area has a rich history and the article did a nice job of summing it up.

Just looking for some feedback on this if its not up to SP standards and needs to go thats fine.
Read more : Should I delete this page? | Views : 5222 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Page Help

Help in creating and posting page

Need help posting pictures to an album. Can any one explain it to me?
Read more : Help in creating and posting page | Views : 3230 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Page Help

New or Old thread for Off Route

Any chance for a new or revive old Global Warming Thread? There is so much juicy stuff going on regarding this topic lately. 8)
Read more : New or Old thread for Off Route | Views : 4590 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Site Feedback

Digital Topo Maps for Summitpost...a possibility?

On the Wilderness.net site, they have a really cool map that is similar to the one used here on SP:

http://www.wilderness.net/index.cfm?fuse=NWPS

However, unlike the maps here on SP, they have a cool feature where you can switch from a simple map, satellite map or terrain map to the USGS topos. You can then scroll around and check out any part of the US with topo maps.

Is there anyway ...
Read more : Digital Topo Maps for Summitpost...a possibility? | Views : 1106 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Change to SP's Account Activation

Word from Matt is that various email providers are flagging SP's domain as spam and preemptively dumping emails from the site. So emailing another member may not work, as many of us are already aware. Not sure what to do about that. But for account activation, Matt plans to change from the verification email to a "catcha", one of those nifty graphics that twist words to make them unreadable and make you repeatedly select "choose ...
Read more : Change to SP's Account Activation | Views : 2341 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Site Feedback

Age on SP

I believe it's a kind of bug. My birth date is correctly entered, but the member list shows I'm 33, however my birthday hasn't come yet this year.
I guess the algorithm makes only a substraction of the current year with the birth year, instead of the exact birth day
well, this is not too important...
btw, why not implementing a feature like "Today's SP members birthdays" ? :) ...
Read more : Age on SP | Views : 1168 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Feedback

Adding a section for selling gears / seeking for partner

when I use the quick search/filter "View unanswered posts" I face to a bunch of selling gear or seeking for partner topics which is NOT the meaning.
So I propose to add a section for this type of demands and remove them from such filters.
another solution is to add a section for such demands and provide such quick search/filter for every section/forum.
Read more : Adding a section for selling gears / seeking for partner | Views : 1070 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

Nit-picking, but checking to see if it is possible...

When I click on coords to show peaks or ranges in a the vicinity of a certain object, the two greatest distances the map displays are 100 miles and 500 miles. Is there any way to add a choice for 250 miles? This would enable one to look at the greater region or state, without showing things two states away. I don't know if this makes sense of is even possible...
Read more : Nit-picking, but checking to see if it is possible... | Views : 1406 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Locked threads

How many threads are going to get locked to prevent people from expressing their disgust with management.

While I think it's a joke to ban anybody for something like that, stating that it "wasn't in the rules" is just plain stupid. It's pretty obvious that when someone is banned, they should not be posting (either directly using a different account or by proxy).

+1! The bullshit has to stop.
Read more : Locked threads | Views : 14279 | Replies : 89 | Forum : Site Feedback

No Posting by Proxy

Although it hasn't been stated as a rule previously, please note that posting in the forums for members that have been banned cannot be condoned under any circumstances. I saw it for the first time in the Ethics forum and have informed the proxy. I'll add it to the FAQs, but would like to make this generally known so it doesn't become a bad habit as we get more members on the banned list.

Thank ...
Read more : No Posting by Proxy | Views : 6650 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557929 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136359