It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:31 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Page ownership switch suggestion.

The page for <a href=http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/155313/pu-u-konahuanui.html>Pu'u Konahuanui</a> is less-than adequate, plus the owner of that page has not been online for quite a while. I think it would be beneficial for the Konahuanui page to be transfered into the ownership of Sp user <a href=http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=58229>Alika</a> who knows a lot about these mountains, and is in the process of making an area/range page for the range that this mountain is in.
Read more : Page ownership switch suggestion. | Views : 2425 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Site Feedback

Are the Google ads in SP adequate ?

It makes me smile, but on the other hand I'm a bit sad to see that these kinds of keywords generate such ads based on the must vulgar stereotypes...

What do you think ? Is there any way to filter the ads ?
Read more : Are the Google ads in SP adequate ? | Views : 5852 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Site Feedback

change page ownership

How do we change page ownership?

Page:
Knife's Edge
http://www.summitpost.org/route/166412/knife-edge-of-the-shield.html

Current owner:
Sierra Ledge Rat

New owner:
davebobk47
Read more : change page ownership | Views : 2262 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Recommendations for Front Page "Featured Articles"

I guess there are similar existing threads for "Area/Mountain/Route" and "Trip Report", but not yet for "Article".

Here a good one, concise and informative:

Final Report of Mountaineering Expeditions visited Pakistan during 2009
Read more : Recommendations for Front Page "Featured Articles" | Views : 3857 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Site Feedback

email not working?

I recently registered with summitpost and tried sending myself a test email. It never went through, even after multiple attempts. I received the registration email, but have not been able to send myself an email through my profile page. Any suggestions?
Read more : email not working? | Views : 2509 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Site Feedback

Missing CA Thread

Sorry for deleting a post in this forum asking about a missing thread in the CA forum, that was a mistake - I had meant to respond to the inquiry instead.

The CA thread started off legit, even if it was a bit weird, but it degenerated after the first half dozen posts. In the past, such threads would get moved to PnP, but of course that option wasn't exactly open. Please - save the ...
Read more : Missing CA Thread | Views : 1443 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

Easier Climbing Plans Page?

So PnP is dead. RIP. Husker mentioned in the other thread some comparisons of this SP to 14ers.com. Both great mountain sites I frequent daily. 14ers.com has a very narrow focus but is great for what it does focus on. SP is great for everything else, every other hill mountain or molehill in the world.

What I do notice is that on 14ers.com it is much easier to find someone to climb with. There's a ...
Read more : Easier Climbing Plans Page? | Views : 708 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557945 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136395