It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

message or no message

My email received notice below, but I can not find the post on my page... I am a worrier about hackers, why can't I find this message? In fact, I can not find a Dalina75 in the people file....Thanks

Hi Norman,

Dalina75 just posted a comment on your Kulshan Cabin page.
You can read the new comment here:

https://www.summitpost.org/view_object. ... 579#502579

If the link does not work, try copying and ...
Read more : message or no message | Views : 2183 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Use of the new editor

Could someone help me understand the use of the new editor? I found almost all my articles disrupted by the application of the new editor for which it would have been nice to be notified. I wanted to tidy them up but could not find within the editor the functions which I had been using, particularly Font sizes and Font coulours (as above but not shown on my articles's editor) which now makes sometimes my ...
Read more : Use of the new editor | Views : 4012 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Page Help

Editor is buggy

A new release of the editor came out today and I was hoping it would fix issues with tables and images. It seems to function better in the editor, but when saving the page, the table loses its integrity and formatting is still messed up. I'm hoping for a solution soon. Please bear with us while we sort out the kinks in the new editor. Thanks.
Read more : Editor is buggy | Views : 2750 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

new format

Well it looks different, more pics, shit flashing and jumping around BUT!!! less useful, I found the longer list of recent posts to be useful, now I'll have to spend more time looking through the forums to see what's new.

Why are tech people such idiots? New is better, flashy is better, utility and convenience count for nothing. It's not only here. I've noticed other sites that have been "improved" by changing colors and eliminating ...
Read more : new format | Views : 35945 | Replies : 122 | Forum : Site Feedback

Is Summitpost going to be affected by Net Neutrality ending?

Is there any indication that after net neutrality ends that we may have to pay for access to Summitpost, or if the site may run slower?
Is there anything we can do to support the site that we all love so much to make sure we can access it as quick as we always have?

I'd be willing to contribute funds to the site to make this happen if that is the case.
Read more : Is Summitpost going to be affected by Net Neutrality ending? | Views : 23109 | Replies : 38 | Forum : Site Feedback

Time taken for uploading TRs (pics, text, and both combined)

Hi:

I had emailed (inboxed) Rob recently with a few suggestions regarding uploading trip reports on SP. He recommended me to write a new post on the feedback section of the forum, where Matt would see it - who would eventually do something about it. So, here it goes - A few improvements, which will help speed up the process of uploading TRs, which otherwise takes a LOT of time....

1 - The "Bulk-uploader" has ...
Read more : Time taken for uploading TRs (pics, text, and both combined) | Views : 2622 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

More Ads Lately?

The auto play pop up ads are less frequent, it seems, and they wait a few seconds before becoming audible so you have a chance to close them. But now I am getting saturated with static ads all over summitpost: above, on the sides, in between features, and below. This is even though my profile says 'minimal ads'. Did a decision get made to allow more ads or has something changed? Any one else noticing ...
Read more : More Ads Lately? | Views : 47953 | Replies : 98 | Forum : Site Feedback

Poof!

I was working on a new page on 16-17 October. It disappeared - the still under construction page and all associated images.
Read more : Poof! | Views : 2980 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

HTTPS/SSL

summitpost.org does not have HTTPS/SSL support. https://www.summitpost.org
Please change this soon as we login with passwords which should be transferred over an encrypted connection.

To implement this change and enforce HTTPS is really easy and with letsencrypt certificates it does not cost anything.

thanks!
Read more : HTTPS/SSL | Views : 2781 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Feedback

Auto play video pop up ads

I've noticed auto play video pop up ads on the site lately. I must say these really grate my nerves. Are these going to become the norm? Hate to say it, but it's already becoming a deterrent to using the site. :evil:
Read more : Auto play video pop up ads | Views : 6467 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557934 • Total topics 55835 • Total members 136369