It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:46 pm

News News of Site Feedback

Site map of Site Feedback » Forum : Site Feedback

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Photo the Day

The photo of the day (old cabin) is on front page from last three days. Any reason https://www.summitpost.org/old-cabin/1033271 ?
Read more : Photo the Day | Views : 4340 | Replies : 1

Bug RE: width, max-width, and height CSS

Video Walkthrough link on Dropbox. I don't know how else to explain this other than through a demonstration.

Source Page: White Butte, ND State Highpoint
Read more : Bug RE: width, max-width, and height CSS | Views : 14706 | Replies : 24

New Zealand tourism ads - Really?

Running the "I Need It / I Need New Zealand" ads seems like really bad taste to run these ads right after the shooting there this past week. At least stop them for a week or so? It looks like they're from Google AdSense, but regardless if its from a contract service its making Summitpost look insensitive buffoons. Please stop them for a while. Thanks
Read more : New Zealand tourism ads - Really? | Views : 3050 | Replies : 1

Pictures without title and caption

Currently the site has been increasingly invaded by photos published without any description. The thing is very annoying even if sometimes the photos are valid. SP is above all an information site on the mountain and the publication of anonymous photos should somehow be discouraged. Could we not introduce an automatic option to avoid the publication of these anonymous photos?
Read more : Pictures without title and caption | Views : 5528 | Replies : 7

Photo Resolution

It appears that we can no longer view a posted photo at it's "original resolution", as we have been able to do for a very long time.....BUMMER!
Read more : Photo Resolution | Views : 3749 | Replies : 3

Interrogation

Do we really need to be asked, "Will you allow SummitPost to access your location?" ad nauseam during the same session?
Read more : Interrogation | Views : 3429 | Replies : 2

Can't get photo urls anymore

I can't get photo urls to post photo links to the forum anymore. It used to be simple. You would right click and get the url. Now I can't figure out how to do it at all.

What happened?
Read more : Can't get photo urls anymore | Views : 3704 | Replies : 3

Picture size

As you can see, someone sent me a message saying that he is unable to enlarge and read this map that I made on Summitpost:

https://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=189982&type=vote_comments&discussion_id=504261#504261

At the time, I told him to check for "size" on the right upper side of the page, click on "original size" and the then "plus button". Now I see that the "size" option has been replaced with "view high resolution image". When I click on that and the ...
Read more : Picture size | Views : 4116 | Replies : 3

Forum login problems - cookies

A change was made recently to the way forum cookies are set in the hopes of getting rid of the problem where users are logged into the site and not the forum.

Several people have reported not being able to log into the forums. In order to fix this problem, it will require a full cookie flush for anyone who was previously logged in.

If you don't know how to delete cookies, simply Google how ...
Read more : Forum login problems - cookies | Views : 3078 | Replies : 1

policy question - world map of mountains policy question - world map of mountains

Dear SummitPost veterans,

I work for a small design company and we recently published a world map of mountains (a printed wall map). We would be really interested in the community's opinion on our map features, like for instance the color-coding of all summits, depending on their altitude.
However, if I posted a link to our store-page, where you could find more information about the map, I'm afraid that I would most likely violate your ...
Read more : policy question - world map of mountains | Views : 3239 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557945 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136395