It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 pm

News News of Site Feedback

Site map of Site Feedback » Forum : Site Feedback

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Recommendations for Front Page "Featured Articles"

I guess there are similar existing threads for "Area/Mountain/Route" and "Trip Report", but not yet for "Article".

Here a good one, concise and informative:

Final Report of Mountaineering Expeditions visited Pakistan during 2009
Read more : Recommendations for Front Page "Featured Articles" | Views : 3857 | Replies : 8

email not working?

I recently registered with summitpost and tried sending myself a test email. It never went through, even after multiple attempts. I received the registration email, but have not been able to send myself an email through my profile page. Any suggestions?
Read more : email not working? | Views : 2509 | Replies : 11

Missing CA Thread

Sorry for deleting a post in this forum asking about a missing thread in the CA forum, that was a mistake - I had meant to respond to the inquiry instead.

The CA thread started off legit, even if it was a bit weird, but it degenerated after the first half dozen posts. In the past, such threads would get moved to PnP, but of course that option wasn't exactly open. Please - save the ...
Read more : Missing CA Thread | Views : 1443 | Replies : 3

Easier Climbing Plans Page?

So PnP is dead. RIP. Husker mentioned in the other thread some comparisons of this SP to 14ers.com. Both great mountain sites I frequent daily. 14ers.com has a very narrow focus but is great for what it does focus on. SP is great for everything else, every other hill mountain or molehill in the world.

What I do notice is that on 14ers.com it is much easier to find someone to climb with. There's a ...
Read more : Easier Climbing Plans Page? | Views : 708 | Replies : 0

Women specific forum?

I was wondering if the time was ripe now for a women only message board in the forum, where women could discuss their gender specific issues in climbing without men chiming in and the thread moving into PnP faster than I could finish this sentence? Occasional columns by Majka Burhardt are not enough, plus not all of us are Majkas...
Read more : Women specific forum? | Views : 6270 | Replies : 43

More spam

Got this from "Deleted User":

Hi dear
My name is Jenifer, I'm a beautiful young girl, l saw your profile and l
decided to contact you as my friend, I will appreciate receiving your
response at my private email( jeni_4george@hotmail.com ) so that l will
send you my pictures and informations about myself. awaiting for your
positive response..
with love.
Jenifer.
Read more : More spam | Views : 1714 | Replies : 5

History of SummitPost?

Hello everybody!

I haven't been writing here yet, but I'm looking from time to time this site for several years ... and, beside hiking, I'm also writing articles for Croatian hiking magazine "Hrvatski planinar" ("Croatian hiker"), magazine with 101 year's history.
(see http://www.plsavez.hr/hr/Hrvatski_plani ... edirect=HP)

Well, now I would like to write something about representation of Croatian mountains on SP and contributions of Croatian hikers to articles about Croatian ...
Read more : History of SummitPost? | Views : 4163 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557945 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136395