It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 am

News News of South America

Site map of South America » Forum : South America

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.

Ecuador in June 2024

Hello everyone,

Me and my husband plan to travel to Ecuador and climb one of the peaks/volcanos above 5000 m. Due to the work schedule, we are considering flying there in Q2-Q3 2024 for 10-14 days. For him, it will be the first time above 3000 m, so I want to make sure it will be a positive experience :)

1) Did anyone climb Cayambe/Cotopaxi/Chimborazo in mid-June? ...
Read more : Ecuador in June 2024 | Views : 846 | Replies : 0

Cordillera Huayhuash & Cordillera Real Traverse

Hi,

I want to do a circuit trek around the Cordillera Huayhuash, a circuit of Ausangate and the Cordillera Real Traverse from Illampu to Illmani. From least difficult to most difficult, what is the best sequence to do these in?

Thanks.
Read more : Cordillera Huayhuash & Cordillera Real Traverse | Views : 2776 | Replies : 1

Aconcagua

Hey everyone, curious when the mountain closes can you still attempt a climb? I mean, once the rangers and search and rescue leave and everything closes can you still summit? Also I have a month before I plan to hike. What are some other good pre hikes around that area in either Chile or Argentina? Thanks a lot for your help and advice. I fly into Santiago on the 1 st of January. J.C.
Read more : Aconcagua | Views : 1469 | Replies : 1

Cordillera Blanca Peru

My son and I are headed to Huaraz, Peru, to do some trekking and climbing in the Cordillera Blanca. We have hired a guide service. Does anyone know what the tipping expectations are for the guide, the cook, the porter, and the donkey driver?
Read more : Cordillera Blanca Peru | Views : 496 | Replies : 0

Cordillera Blanca, Peru: Pisco, Alpamayo & Huascaran, summer

Hello all,

In late June of this year, I am planning to climb Pisco (for climatization), Alpamayo and Huascarán. I have contacted some guides and have figured out some details. If anybody is interested in joining, please either reply here or send me a private message.

Cheers.
Read more : Cordillera Blanca, Peru: Pisco, Alpamayo & Huascaran, summer | Views : 3054 | Replies : 0

Venezuela

Hello guys its my first post as i have just made an account on the hunt for information regarding Venezuela and in particular, Delgado chelbaud peak. As there is little to no info on this peak I would imagine partly because it aint the highest in the country and the issues facing Venezuela recently.
Read more : Venezuela | Views : 3165 | Replies : 2

Record Breaking Aconcagua Ascent - 3 hrs 38 mins

https://www.planetmountain.com/en/news/ ... scent.html -- Martin Zhor completes record-breaking Aconcagua ascent in 3 hrs, 38 mins
Read more : Record Breaking Aconcagua Ascent - 3 hrs 38 mins | Views : 2582 | Replies : 0

Andes in February

Does anyone want to do a few climbs in the Andes in late February? I'm open to any peaks I haven't already done. I have some free plane tickets I have to use.

Some ideas:

Uturunco
Juncal
El Plomo
Volcan Maipo
Marmolejo
Volcan San Jose
Ollagüe
Aucanquilcha
Sierra Nevada del Cocuy

I would like to do something like Tronador, but I'm guessing that anything heavily glaciated would have really broken up glaciers that late in ...
Read more : Andes in February | Views : 4947 | Replies : 1

Aconcagua Polish Glacier Route

Hello,

A climbing buddy and I are planning on attempting Aconcagua in a little over a year (December/January 2020/2021). We would like to avoid the crowds and also want something slightly more on the technical side than the normal route, though no vertical ice climbing. The Polish Glacier Direct route seems perfect for us, but I haven't seen many summit reports via this route in the last few years and it seems to have fallen ...
Read more : Aconcagua Polish Glacier Route | Views : 3472 | Replies : 2

Pequeno Alpamayo and Cerro Condoriri in November

Unfortunately I cannot go in the usual 'best' season and have time first two weeks of November. 1st week for acclimatization and 2nd week for climbing.

I'm trying to figure out how climb-able Pequeno Alpamay and Cerro Condoriri in Bolivian Cordillera Blanca are in November.
I know it tends to start raining in Bolivia after September but reportedly last year rain season didn't come until December.

Does anybody have any first hand experience there in ...
Read more : Pequeno Alpamayo and Cerro Condoriri in November | Views : 2578 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293