It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:33 am

News News of South America

Site map of South America » Forum : South America

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.

Cordillera Blanca in May? Huascaran vs Toc

Howdy.

I'm new to Peru, but not to other Andean peaks.

I'm considering heading to the CB next May, but understand this is the shoulder season for the bigger peaks. If someone could give me their opinion tackling Huascaran vs Tocllaraju mid/late May I'd appreciate it. Also I know a little bit about Casa de Guias and Skyline, if anyone would give me a guide recommendation I would also appreciate it. I'm considering Pisco->Huascaran vs ...
Read more : Cordillera Blanca in May? Huascaran vs Toc | Views : 2640 | Replies : 0

Mountaineering school Bolivia

Hi!

I would like to do a week- long basic mountaineering course while I 'm in Bolivia. Does anyone have experience of the course run by Andean Summits?
Is there some other company that you would recommend?

Thanks!

Frida
Read more : Mountaineering school Bolivia | Views : 2631 | Replies : 0

Huayhuash vs EBC three passes: Which is harder?

I have a question for those that have done the three passes EBC trek, and who've also done the huayhuash trek (supported). which is more difficult overall if we ignore the fact that the three passes takes twice as long.. just in terms of harder terrain, acclimatizing to altitude, cold, comfort, bigger days, etc..?

We have two kids who will be 9 and 11 next year, they've hiked and backpacked all over the rockies, the ...
Read more : Huayhuash vs EBC three passes: Which is harder? | Views : 4885 | Replies : 4

Cotopaxi - newbie

Hi all,

I will be backpacking through Ecuador throughout July time and would love to climb Cotopaxi. I will however be the first to admit that i have no knowledge when it comes to these sort of things and this would be my first climb at this level so understand i may be biting off more than i can chew (please tell me if you would advise against this trip). Has any one climbed this ...
Read more : Cotopaxi - newbie | Views : 4997 | Replies : 2

Help needed?

Summitpost received the following message and we don't quite know what to do with it. Any ideas? Do you think it legit or bogus? It seems odd they'd send it to us and not the Chilean authorities. Anyone know an appropriate address to forward it to?

Date: Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 9:39 AM
Subject: emergency situation from Chinese documentary team
To: office@adventurealternative.com <office@adventurealternative.com>, ...
Read more : Help needed? | Views : 2968 | Replies : 0

High Andes of Argentia in March?

We are considering a trip to the high Andes of Argentina in the second half of March 2019. We do not have flexibility in dates, and I'm hoping for advice on likely weather conditions. We will be flying to Mendoza and are interested to try a high summit, possibly Mercedario, via the normal route (we are ok with easy glacier travel and altitude acclimatization, but nothing very technical). I understand it is toward the end ...
Read more : High Andes of Argentia in March? | Views : 2517 | Replies : 0

Partners for Aconcagua

Looking for a partner/s to do False polish(360) route between Jan 6 to Feb 15th.
makhavi@sonic.net
Read more : Partners for Aconcagua | Views : 3141 | Replies : 0

Ecuador January 2019

Looking for an experienced partner for high altitude snow slogs.

Absinthe52@hotmail.com
Read more : Ecuador January 2019 | Views : 2741 | Replies : 0

Aconcaqua 7 nights? maybe 5 Why wont

Here is the plan:
Day one, march up to 13.500 to 14,500
Day two 18,000
Day Three 20,000
Day four Summit then back to !6,000
Day Five out

Two weather days.
Read more : Aconcaqua 7 nights? maybe 5 Why wont | Views : 6408 | Replies : 6

Climbing in Ecuador

Hello,
I plan to go on a journey in Ecuador in 2019.
I'd like to climb main summits of the country: Cayambe, Cotopaxi, Chimborazo.
I'm searching for a good agency to organize and accompany me in these ascents. Were you already over there? Do you know a good agency based in Quito?
Thanks for your advices !
Read more : Climbing in Ecuador | Views : 5684 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557934 • Total topics 55835 • Total members 136369