It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 pm

News News of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Site map of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX) » Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

FOUND - Camera on Latir Peak, New Mexico

I found a nice camera/case on Latir Peak yesterday, 27 Aug 2017. I know from a summit log there was a group on a nearby mountain the day before so its likely someone from that group also was on Latir Peak. To claim your camera contact Fred: fredbrown585@gmail.com or text: 908-675-2295. Provide specifics on the camera and case to claim.
Read more : FOUND - Camera on Latir Peak, New Mexico | Views : 3141 | Replies : 0

Old AZ Rock Climbing Guide

I found this guidebook at a used book store. It's a 1989 guidebook for Sedona and Oak Creek canyon. Has anyone heard of it or seen it before? It's in really good condition except for where part of the title has been rubbed off. It looks like it was done with a typewriter and all the maps/topos are hand written. Pretty cool actually....

"A Cheap Way To Die" by Tim Toula

Read more : Old AZ Rock Climbing Guide | Views : 4705 | Replies : 2

Sedona?

Looking for partners. I'm in Snotsdale, so I can get out to most any where from Flag to Tucson, but prefer to climb in Sedona.
Read more : Sedona? | Views : 3328 | Replies : 0

Ruby Dome Conditions Photo?

Anyone have a recent photo (last week or so) of Ruby Dome, or the Ruby Mountains in general? We're planning a trip via Griswold Lake for 4th of July and would like to get an idea what to expect.
Read more : Ruby Dome Conditions Photo? | Views : 4395 | Replies : 2

NV Partner: Mt. Wilson and Oak Creek Peak

I'm planning on climbing up Wilson (Hidden Bowl) and Oak Creek Peak (East Ridge) next Friday and Saturday. PM me if interested in joining.
Read more : NV Partner: Mt. Wilson and Oak Creek Peak | Views : 3380 | Replies : 0

Doing Humphreys and Wheeler (NM) late April-early March

I need suggestions for what route I should take on each. I'm not trying to camp on the mountain for I will be with somebody, just not on the mountain. I just want to know which route will be available for that time and take no more than a day.
Read more : Doing Humphreys and Wheeler (NM) late April-early March | Views : 8117 | Replies : 8

Dayhiking presentation in northern NM

Hey, I'll be giving a presentation on my dayhiking program-related activities at REI in Albuquerque on April 21, then in Santa Fe on April 28. No free food, but there will be pictures of cool mountains and tales of non-fatal stupidity.
Read more : Dayhiking presentation in northern NM | Views : 3891 | Replies : 0

Snow on the juniper berries ...!

Took this a few weeks ago, last December.

We just had another storm dump snow on all the Juniper berries, so please stay tuned upon this same Bat Wavelength.
Read more : Snow on the juniper berries ...! | Views : 8203 | Replies : 8

Moving - giveaway Las Vegas

I'm closing a storage unit in Las Vegas and fully relocating overseas to Asia. I have a bunch of odds and ends things to giveaway if anyone wants to take anything. Not much in terms of climbing gear though. The important stuff made it into my suitcase ;). There are books, plates and cutlery, clothes.

I'll probably take it all over to the local climbing gym to ...
Read more : Moving - giveaway Las Vegas | Views : 3947 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293