It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:19 am

News News of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Site map of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX) » Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

Fatality in Red Rocks (NV)

Maybe I missed this discussion here, but if so, to repeat:
http://www.mountainproject.com/v/injuri ... /106971160

There was a fatality on a climbing route in RR during the holidays. In a separate incident, a hiker fell and injured his feet; the two accidents got confused in the newsfeeds for a bit.
Read more : Fatality in Red Rocks (NV) | Views : 2324 | Replies : 7

Mt Charleston Conditions

I am planning to do some snowshoeing in the Kyle Canyon area tomorrow (11/27). From the reports I've looked at, seems to bet 10"+ on the mountain. Can anyone who has been up there this week provide a conditions report??
Thanks...
Read more : Mt Charleston Conditions | Views : 23276 | Replies : 67

Grand Canyon north rim access?

Is route 67 still open all the way to the north rim? Would like to visit there soon but I have a hard time finding the road conditions?! AZ department of transportation is a lot more confusing than Caltrans.
Read more : Grand Canyon north rim access? | Views : 5136 | Replies : 12

Ice Climbing in Taos, NM

Does anyone happen to know if there is any ice climbing in or around Taos, New Mexico?
Read more : Ice Climbing in Taos, NM | Views : 6181 | Replies : 3

Wheeler Peak -NM (Taos)

I am wanting to do Wheeler Peak on Friday the 5th... 3days from now.
The route looks like 16 miles roundtrip and maybe some snow on top.
This week the weather has been perfect and its supposed to be perfect on Friday as well.
Anyone in on this?
I've done 25 14'ers in Colorado and hike at a decent pace.
Send me email if you are in charleslybrand@hotmail.com
Read more : Wheeler Peak -NM (Taos) | Views : 1930 | Replies : 3

Red Rocks Camping Thanksgiving

We are hoping some kind soul might get there before us and reserve a camping spot in our stead. We get there Wednesday 24th around 1-2pm. If you're planning on being there Tues or so please help us out. We'd pay for the extra night to not stress about it. And we'd bring some New Mexico goodies for you. Thanks. :D
Read more : Red Rocks Camping Thanksgiving | Views : 1037 | Replies : 0

Hiking in the Grand Canyon

I'm planning to go on a combined rafting and sidecanyon hiking trip in the Grand Canyon next year. At least for 10 days in all. For the moment I have hundreds - it seems so - of companies hoping for me to buy a trip with their company. Because they are the best, have the best guides, magnificent food etc.

Which company would you recommend and why. I will be 60 next year and in ...
Read more : Hiking in the Grand Canyon | Views : 4145 | Replies : 8

AZ in Feb

Going to Arizona for a week (Tuscon) in mid February and looking to climb or hike something. I don't mind driving up to 4-5 hours if it is worth the trip. Any suggestions?
Read more : AZ in Feb | Views : 2544 | Replies : 7

Truchas now or in a couple weeks Truchas now or in a couple weeks

Getting that feeling that I need to get out and climb again also don't know if I can stand another weekend of watching the embarrassments that are the Cowboys and Aggies. I am considering the Alamitos to Santa Barbara Ridge to Truchas route 35ish miles and 2 nights. I see in the forecasts that winter is starting to build in up high so I do not want to wait too long.
I am in eastern ...
Read more : Truchas now or in a couple weeks | Views : 1233 | Replies : 1

Lockett Meadow closed?

The USFS has a special closure in effect for Lockett Meadow/Inner Basin in the SF Peaks until year's
end, is that correct or can it be confirmed ???

Fer crying out loud, that kind of puts the damper on my Autumn leaves viewing. Geez Louise!

:evil:
Read more : Lockett Meadow closed? | Views : 3680 | Replies : 9

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557933 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136367