It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 pm

News News of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Site map of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX) » Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

Guadalupe Peak and Carlsbad Caverns Road Trip

I summited Guadalupe Peak on December 28, 2016. I had a great time. It ranks as my favorite high point thus far. You can read a trip report here.
Read more : Guadalupe Peak and Carlsbad Caverns Road Trip | Views : 4249 | Replies : 0

Conditions on Mt. Wilson

I was planning on climbing Mt. Wilson in Red Rocks on January 2. Anyone know what the conditions are right now? Snow?
Read more : Conditions on Mt. Wilson | Views : 4206 | Replies : 1

Planning Wheeler Peak NM

I'm planning to bag Wheeler Peak NM in February 2017. I'm an experienced hiker, winter gear is not an issue. I'm looking for waypoints I can use for my route, I fully expect any trail will be buried under feet of snow and I'll have to navigate on my own. Any advice folks have for doing Wheeler in winter is much appreciated, this is the highest peak I'll attempt in full winter conditions. I see ...
Read more : Planning Wheeler Peak NM | Views : 4944 | Replies : 2

Lost Gloves - Tamarack Peak (Tahoe / Reno area)

My wife and I lost 2 pairs of Black Diamond Guide Gloves at the parking lot (left them on the roof)... on my birthday no less. Hoping someone found them - they're $160/ea! They're black with tan leather, sizes M and L. Happy to pay a reward.

Please email if you found them at stephen.golebiewski@gmail.com

Thanks!
Steve
Read more : Lost Gloves - Tamarack Peak (Tahoe / Reno area) | Views : 3765 | Replies : 0

Road to Muddy Peak/Hidden Valley

Howdy,

Was just curious if anyone has recently been on the road to the Hidden Valley route up Muddy Peak, DPS. Last I heard it's pretty rough 4x4. Guessing it's the same, but hoping for something a bit smoother. Also, if it is rough 4x4, how long of a stretch is the road in that condition for?

Thanks!
Read more : Road to Muddy Peak/Hidden Valley | Views : 5559 | Replies : 3

Hayford Peak access threat

Peakbaggers and outdoor adventurers ought to be aware that the U.S. Air Force is proposing to expand the Nellis Test and Training Range and take over 227,000 acres of the Desert National Wildlife Refuge. Public access to this area would be lost, placing Hayford Peak (an ultra-prominence peak), Sheep Peak, Hidden Forest Canyon and the Alamo Road off-limits. This would make Hayford the only lower 48 Ultra without legal access. It would cause big problems ...
Read more : Hayford Peak access threat | Views : 8749 | Replies : 9

Hiking Bush Mt from N Mex Side/Dog Canyon

As anyone hiked up Bush Trail to the Bush Mt, Guadalupe Mt Nat Pk 8,637' summit from the New Mexico side from camp grounds at Dog Canyon? I have hike Guadlupe Peak at the park and have tried twice to go up Bush Trail from the TX/south side, Pine Springs, but the knees gave up about 2 miles from the summit last week. I checked the topo map and found the route from the north. ...
Read more : Hiking Bush Mt from N Mex Side/Dog Canyon | Views : 3961 | Replies : 0

My first highpoint

I'm hitting the road tomorrow so I can go to Guadalupe Peak sometime next week. Please pray for good weather.
Read more : My first highpoint | Views : 7942 | Replies : 8

Day Hikes Sedona area

suggestions for day hikes in the Sedona area?

I have hiked Humphrey's Peak already.

Thanks
Read more : Day Hikes Sedona area | Views : 7275 | Replies : 5

Best time to hike and camp around Tucson?

Planning a trip to the Tucson area for next spring. Ideally camping a few nights, with hikes in Saguaro NP, Chiricahua NM, and a spot of birdwatching in the Portal area. Which month would be best for this, weather-wise: March or April? Any other tips from old AZ hands appreciated!
Read more : Best time to hike and camp around Tucson? | Views : 5772 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293