It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 am

News News of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Site map of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX) » Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

Boundary Peak, NV Highpoint Road Conditions

Looking to hike Boundary Peak in July or August. I have heard there are 2 routes you can take to get to the trail head and one has two variations. I drive a Honda Civic, which would be the best route for me to take to get to the trail head to avoid getting stuck?
Read more : Boundary Peak, NV Highpoint Road Conditions | Views : 3608 | Replies : 5

How do you post a picture?????

How do you post a picture on the thread? If anyone knows how and could help me out that would be extreamly helpful. Thanks
Read more : How do you post a picture????? | Views : 1539 | Replies : 9

Charleston South Loop Parking

Went up to snowshoe the south loop trail yesterday, the 'normal' parking lot at the cathedral rock trailhead (@ the outhouse) is blockaded by concrete barriers. The official parking lot for winter fun is the echo trailhead parking lot (near the LVVWD well). This is the only parking lot that is plowed. To get from the echo trailhead to the SL trailhead, follow the echo trail, to the cathedral rock trail, then there are some ...
Read more : Charleston South Loop Parking | Views : 1642 | Replies : 3

Hiking Off Trail around Tucson

I was hoping to climb a few mountains that have no trails in Tucson Mountain Park and Saguaro National Park West District. I called Tucson Mountain Park. The lady at first said hiking off trail is allowed. She then asked someone else and said it is not allowed. She gave me the impression that she did not know and just made up an answer.

Does anyone have any information about this?
Read more : Hiking Off Trail around Tucson | Views : 3482 | Replies : 4

SP PAGES AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION

Hello everyone:

We have some pages currently available for adoption. You can see them HERE.

After some discussion, the member has assured me his departure is needed, so his pages need new owners. Some photos may be left behind. Use whatever is present to your desires.

PM me directly concerning this matter. I'll see to the transfer(s) as quickly as possible.

Thanks!
Read more : SP PAGES AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION | Views : 4039 | Replies : 18

Classics in Red Rocks 5.8-5.10

Alright so it is really unfortunate that I have only climbed in Red Rocks ONCE. This coming Christmas and new year I'm going to spend about two weeks there. I'm looking to climb a lot of classics, trad/sport/multi-pitch or single, I don't discriminate. What do the veterans at Red Rocks recommend? I've heard that Red Rocks rating is kind of ... off. I lead 5.9 and an occasion 10 at Joshua Tree so should I ...
Read more : Classics in Red Rocks 5.8-5.10 | Views : 5396 | Replies : 9

Boundary Peak and Montgomery? or Charleston?

I am driving back from Flagstaff to California with a friend and I am trying to decided what to do in five days on the way back.

I want to do Boundary and Montgomery, but I don't want to drive 10 hours and find that I can't get anywhere close to the trail-head in my car due to snow. Any ideas as to how far I will be able to drive with my Ford Tauras ...
Read more : Boundary Peak and Montgomery? or Charleston? | Views : 6771 | Replies : 19

Worthington Peak, NV beta

Any info? West or East side approach? I've driven by many times, but never snapped a photo. I remember a steep quasi-knife edge on the N side, but don't remember if it looked like a scramble or a tech climb. I know there are mines along the east side, I just don't know what the roads are like going in there.

Even a photo would be nice. I looked at my photos from Troy and ...
Read more : Worthington Peak, NV beta | Views : 4013 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557889 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136293