It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:55 am

News News of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Site map of Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX) » Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

Lost/Left rope bag at base of Geronimo, Red Rock

Hi-

I loaned rack, ropes, and rope bag to friends visiting from out-of-the-country last weekend, for climbing in Red Rock (near Las Vegas). They inadvertently left my rope bag (dirty green and black - I think it was a Metolius) at the base of Geronimo (Jackrabbit Buttress, Juniper Canyon). This would have been at the end of the day on Sunday, November 2.
If anyone saw it, grabbed it, or brought it to lost-and-found at ...
Read more : Lost/Left rope bag at base of Geronimo, Red Rock | Views : 4086 | Replies : 1

Charleston Peak NV Saturday 11/8

I know it's last minute, but send me a pm if you'd like to join me. Nothing fancy, just a stroll up the standard route. I'm not fast at all, but I'm also not that slow... Looking forward to it if you can join. PS, have a nice day.
Read more : Charleston Peak NV Saturday 11/8 | Views : 8803 | Replies : 12

10/14: Partner for 10-14 day road trip (NV/CA)

I need a partner to climb during first half of October. Prefer alpine and long trad routes. This will be my first trip back to the USA in 18 months. I want to visit some of my favorite areas and I also have a few routes in mind. Also open to new places.

Dates: Sep 30-Oct 14
Where: Red Rocks (NV) or Yosemite or side trips as far as Washington state
Routes: Serenity Crack, Levitation ...
Read more : 10/14: Partner for 10-14 day road trip (NV/CA) | Views : 3762 | Replies : 0

Permits to be required for groups in Grand Canyon

Groups of hikers and runners who want to do grueling excursions across the Grand Canyon will soon need a permit -- a move officials say will cut back on overcrowding, litter and safety issues at the popular tourist attraction in Arizona.

The permit requirement begins on Sept. 15 and involves any group that publicly advertises a trip from rim to rim...

The park has no limit on the number of one-day permits it will issue. ...
Read more : Permits to be required for groups in Grand Canyon | Views : 4946 | Replies : 3

Hondo Ridge Distances?

Does anyone know the distances between canyons via the Hondo Ridge? For example: Lobo Peak from Manzanita Trail #58 to Italianos Trail #59?
Read more : Hondo Ridge Distances? | Views : 4278 | Replies : 2

Mt. Grant (Nevada) opportunity

September 13th, 2014: the military's opening Mt. Grant for a 9-11 memorial challenge. Not sure I can make it, but county highpointers, prominence baggers and general fans of Nevada mountains should take note:
www.911challenge.org
Read more : Mt. Grant (Nevada) opportunity | Views : 4574 | Replies : 2

people kicking squirrels ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMIK9vjZRE
Read more : people kicking squirrels ? | Views : 11490 | Replies : 17

Pecos Wilderness Route Help: Truchas Peaks

I am considering a trip in the next few weeks to the Pecos Wilderness. My main goal is Truchas Peak, but I have thought about trying to tag North Truchas, also. What is the ridge between (South) Truchas and North Truchas like? I'm a hiker and I'll have an overnight pack, but no climbing equipment or experience. I was planning to camp at the Jacks Creek Trailhead the night before, go in early to hike ...
Read more : Pecos Wilderness Route Help: Truchas Peaks | Views : 9674 | Replies : 12

Is a class 3 in AZ stiffer than in CO?

So I did Browns Peak this weekend (or at least I gave it a try) but ended up bailing out about 3/4 or so up the steep chute when things became almost vertical and I did not feel comfortable to continue on as I would have to downclimb it as well. Also, I was solo and didn't see anybody up there except a few cars at the trailhead and a few kids I passed who ...
Read more : Is a class 3 in AZ stiffer than in CO? | Views : 12628 | Replies : 20

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557944 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136387