It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

News News of Technique and Training

Site map of Technique and Training » Forum : Technique and Training

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.

Quick and easy way to build a campus board for your basement

Hey, just wanted to share my approach to this with you guys.
Found the setup works really well, would love some comments if you try it out!
https://mountainknowhow.com/how-to-build-a-quick-and-cheap-diy-campus-board/
Read more : Quick and easy way to build a campus board for your basement | Views : 3827 | Replies : 0

Gannett glacier travel

Hi All. This is the first time I've been on SP in a LONG time. Dunno how much this site is getting used any more. My wife and I are planning on sumitting Gannett Peak in Wyoming around July 20-23ish. My glacier experience is: Hood with guide in 2005, 1 week Mountaineering course on Baker in 2007, followed by me, my son & my wife summiting Rainier on 7/7/7. We've not used ropes much if ...
Read more : Gannett glacier travel | Views : 3674 | Replies : 1

Tips for snow and glacier skills in Pittsburgh, PA

Hi All,

I'm and avid hiker from the Pittsburgh area. I'm not into technical climbing (i'm comfortable with class4 but never do class5), but as I've become slowly more ambitious over the years, my hikes have been leading me into higher elevations with snow and ice. I'm trying to find out how to get some hands-on experience with glacier travel techniques that will help keep me safer on my excursions and allow me to lend ...
Read more : Tips for snow and glacier skills in Pittsburgh, PA | Views : 4447 | Replies : 2

Further Training for First Timer on Rainier

So I have basically no experience with mountaineering, though I have done a fair amount of hiking in Arizona and the Rockies without difficulty. A bit of background: I am 22, a runner and have run 2 marathons at around 7:30ish pace, though I do not cross-train as much. I also hurdled in high school and a bit in college. I do not lift much, either. Only for rep, not weight. If I plan on ...
Read more : Further Training for First Timer on Rainier | Views : 5706 | Replies : 3

Crossfit for training..

My take on CrossFit training

http://www.brandonclimbs.com

crossfit1.png

The words “Crossfit” can have a bad connotation in some circles and to be completely honest, for a long time I blew it off as a way for people to get injured doing work outs they have no business doing. For many years my good friend Carlos tried enticing me into joining and a few a times I did consider it but would eventually ...
Read more : Crossfit for training.. | Views : 3812 | Replies : 2

Honnold

Rereading this interesting piece on Alex!
http://nautil.us/issue/39/sport/the-str ... lo-climber
Read more : Honnold | Views : 6161 | Replies : 4

200 ft to 7800 ft (ish)

I'm going to climb Emory Peak and I was wondering if I should spend a day acclimatizing in Chisos Basin. I know 7800 ft isn't going to give me AMS, but I'm wondering if it will make it a little easier to climb if I stay there a day.
Read more : 200 ft to 7800 ft (ish) | Views : 5327 | Replies : 5

2.5 months to train for Aconcagua?

I am 14 years old, climbed Elbrus and Kilimanjaro. I am decent fitness but nothing special. Is this enough time to train and be prepared for Aconcagua?
Read more : 2.5 months to train for Aconcagua? | Views : 4943 | Replies : 2

Avalanche Level 2 Training

Hello,
I've taken an AIARE Level 1 avalanche course a few years ago and have been thinking of taking the Level 2 course this winter.

Has anyone here taken a Level 2 course? did you think it was worth it? Was it geared more to ski patrol/snow professionals, or appropriate for backcountry enthusiasts like myself?

thanks!
Read more : Avalanche Level 2 Training | Views : 4938 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557888 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136291