It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:55 am

News News of Technique and Training

Site map of Technique and Training » Forum : Technique and Training

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.

Tendinosis help in NY.

Hi,
I need some help/advice folks. I have a friend living in NY city who has chronic tendinosis (medial epicondylitis). He's had cortisone injections and physical therapy but it hasn't really helped him. He has serious pain when gripping and turning.
Does anyone know of someone who specializes in dealing with that particular injury in the city area. Also, any ideas for exercises/treatments?
Thanks.
Read more : Tendinosis help in NY. | Views : 4528 | Replies : 4

Metal plate in leg problems at altitude ?

Hey All,

I have some screws and a plate in my leg and ankle after an kitesurfing accident a few months back. I'm just wondering if any one has experience with any issues with metalwork at altitude or long periods in cold temps etc..

Thanks in advance..
Read more : Metal plate in leg problems at altitude ? | Views : 4606 | Replies : 3

FYI: Power Hungry: The Ultimate Energy Bar Cookbook

FYI:
Just got a copy of
Power Hungry: The Ultimate Energy Bar Cookbook
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Hungry-TM-U ... 189110554X
The book is chock full of recipes (40 base recipes with 100+ variations)
Categories include:
Super natural Knock-offs (Clif, Kind, Fiber One, Powerbar Protein Plus, Promax, Pure Protein, Nature Valley Granola Bars, Clif Shot Energy Bloks, Larabar, Luna)
Activity Bars
Endurance Bars
Protein Bars
Raw and Almost Raw Bars

recipes/ideas for gluten-free, paleo, ...
Read more : FYI: Power Hungry: The Ultimate Energy Bar Cookbook | Views : 3444 | Replies : 0

Better technique than you and no protection!

I tried to post this in spray and slander but the site won't let me post there. I must be a trouble maker? :(

More here... http://twentytwowords.com/2012/01/11/13 ... on-cliffs/
Read more : Better technique than you and no protection! | Views : 5183 | Replies : 4

erratic swelling

does anyone else get a swollen foot every now and then?
I don't recall hurting myself, but my right ankle has been swelling on/off since August. I've been on 2 rounds of anti-inflammatories and everything seemed ok until last night when I noticed it was swollen again.
no pain or anything, just swelling, and just the R foot. my doctor can't figure it out. could it be climbing related? shoes too tight?
Read more : erratic swelling | Views : 4332 | Replies : 4

carpal tunnel & climbing

I think I have carpal tunnel in my R wrist and lately it has been acting up.
how does climbing affect this? anyone have carpal tunnel & climb? any tips?
Read more : carpal tunnel & climbing | Views : 22365 | Replies : 12

The use of stair steppers for really steep snow climbs

I live in an area without very steep hills to do climbing repeats and don't have access to tall buildings with stairwells to do stair climbing repeats.

However, having an ultra-endurance background, I am not a guy who trains light.

i have hauled giant packs up the local ski hills, hauled giant packs on elevated treadmills, and hauled giant packs while dragging big tires on asphalt bike paths. This training is great for hauling giant ...
Read more : The use of stair steppers for really steep snow climbs | Views : 57069 | Replies : 63

Summiting Aconcagua as a newbie?

Hi there (first post :D )

I'm currently planning my trip to south america and I encountered this 'easy to climb' mountain called Aconcagua (have you heard about it? :roll: )

As i have 0 mountain climbing experience, i would like to know what is your opinion about me trying to take on such a mountain.
some ...
Read more : Summiting Aconcagua as a newbie? | Views : 5550 | Replies : 5

Ortho recommendation for hip issue -- SoCal

My wife has some kind of hip issue and has had trouble finding an orthopedist who can give her a diagnosis. She had an MRI, and her current doctor saw "nothing wrong". She can hardly walk, and its getting worse. Can anyone recommend a good orthopedist in SoCal that she could consult?
Read more : Ortho recommendation for hip issue -- SoCal | Views : 4486 | Replies : 3

Maybe the boots don't fit? (x-post from Gear)

Two years ago I purchased a pair of La Sportive Makalu boots. Overall they have been great. I've used them on class 4 rocky hiking in the northeast and with crampons in the Cascades. They've been with me on three climbs now. But this last one I noticed, more so than the first, that my toes hurt (pretty bad) on the descent. When I am finally done the big toe on each foot feels like ...
Read more : Maybe the boots don't fit? (x-post from Gear) | Views : 4498 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557932 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136363