It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:02 pm

News News of Technique and Training

Site map of Technique and Training » Forum : Technique and Training

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.

equalized encounters on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QWyMmZZBmM

this noob (me) was watching a video on you tube of some climbers on liberty ridge. it has some awesome shots on the mountain but.. i have some questions....

in the video you can see some of the anchors they built. it clearly shows three anchors close enough to evaluate. the first one is at frame 6:39. i think its obvious that aint bomber ...
Read more : equalized encounters on youtube | Views : 2602 | Replies : 10

dislocated elbow... Help?

I dislocated my elbow in a freak accident (not climbing ironically enough) a little over a week ago. Had to be the worst pain I've felt, and recovery so far has sucked hardcore. My forearm feels totally screwed and it hurts to pick up a dinner plate... In another week I''ll have an mri so I'll know the extent of the damage, but the doctor told me I probably wouldn't be able to climb or ...
Read more : dislocated elbow... Help? | Views : 40144 | Replies : 20

Placing screws with leased tools

I recently led my first real ice route. It was a very moderate WI2 route that followed a left facing dihedral/open book. The route was missing great screw placement in front of me but the wall to my right had good ice and would eat up the intermittent piece of rock pro. I found it a massive pain in the a** to place screws on the wall to my right with leashed tools and I ...
Read more : Placing screws with leased tools | Views : 7557 | Replies : 41

Melting Snow for Water

I have not had to do this much, but now that's it winter season again, I'm planning a trip in the North East where there may not be much of a water supply. I plan to take extra fuel for my MSR whisperlite international stove. I was just wondering what is the most efficient way to melt snow into water with using the least amount of fuel possible? I heard that cranking it on high ...
Read more : Melting Snow for Water | Views : 33059 | Replies : 36

Where Can I Practice Snow Skills Close by the S.F. BayArea?

snow has been falling so i wanted to prep for the coming season and do some basic winter mountaineering snow skills practice (axe/crampons/rope belay/travel/etc).

where are places that i can practice that is close by the San Francisco BayArea and prefer easy access from the road?

btw: i want to avoid the long drives up to lassen or shasta

:idea: if anybody has any suggestions please post ...
Read more : Where Can I Practice Snow Skills Close by the S.F. BayArea? | Views : 1388 | Replies : 1

New Injury...

for me...ever hit your elbow so hard that your hand went numb for an extended period and then filled with blood (swollen and bruised) even though you did not touch your hand. The funny bone tendon/bone whatever (located right behind the elbow)....causing swelling, bruising and numbness over 12 inches down in the pinky side of the hand. What exactly did I damage? I have broken a bursa sac before, this is not that.
Read more : New Injury... | Views : 6118 | Replies : 25

Fingerboard for n00b

Pretty self explanatory. I'm a n00b :embarassed: and I want some training equipment at home. I want to get a fingerboard without breaking the bank. I also wanna mount it to maximize its utility to the non-climbers in the house.

I'll mount it in my basement, either into studs (through drywall) or I'll build a frame for it. Should I design a mount so that I can do dead hangs and L sits or just ...
Read more : Fingerboard for n00b | Views : 3802 | Replies : 8

Training tip of the day – 7000 moves

Well I didn't count them, but 7000 moves is just one of the uber workouts that Patxi Usobiaga does in this video 8) I don't think he re-chalked once :shock:
http://www.deadpointmag.com/dpm-hd/74-t ... i-usobiaga
Read more : Training tip of the day – 7000 moves | Views : 1562 | Replies : 0

Training for Children.

Last weekend, I took my 9 year-old son and his 11 year-old cousin camping and hiking. We hiked only about 3.5 miles with numerous stops at waterfalls and caves along the trail. (We hiked the Lost Valley Trail on the Buffalo National River in Arkansas--I highly recommend it.) By the end of the day on our way back to the car, I could tell he was getting tired.

We're planning a week-long trip to the ...
Read more : Training for Children. | Views : 11524 | Replies : 15

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557933 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136368