It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:37 am

News News of Technique and Training

Site map of Technique and Training » Forum : Technique and Training

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.

Swinging Ice Tools

What is out there that you could use to swing your ice tools at that feels most like ice?
Read more : Swinging Ice Tools | Views : 6281 | Replies : 23

Training?

I need to start doing something. I haven't been active for a couple years now and I need to get back in the game. I'm looking for a Training Program to get me started..... Anyone have any suggestions?
Read more : Training? | Views : 24399 | Replies : 30

Fear o' Falling

Hi all,
I just wanted to share that recently I recognized that I'd allowed a fear of falling to become part of my climbing. I think it was a gradual process, kind of sneaking up on me. I did some reading about it (see here) and find it very interesting how it can occur. Basically you acquire some skill, then seek to protect or preserve that skill, avoiding things that might challenge you too much. ...
Read more : Fear o' Falling | Views : 7427 | Replies : 34

Choosing a new sport

Just moved and this new city (used to study there) is a lot bigger, hence more options. I'd like to find something that will keep me motivated (something fun to do), keep me in good shape (call it mountain fit) and won't cost me too much. Running isn't an option since I want to spare my knees as much as possible.

At my previous place I was going to a fitness centre as it was ...
Read more : Choosing a new sport | Views : 9678 | Replies : 40

Vertical Limit Guide to Climbing

Good stuff. seeing that reminds me of just how awful that movie was. Seriously, what a piece of sh*t.
Read more : Vertical Limit Guide to Climbing | Views : 6469 | Replies : 15

VO2 Max and Lactate Blood level test

Does anyone know a place in the NYC Area were they perform a VO2 Max and Lactate Blood level test and the test is covered by health insurance?
I think a University sport clinic could do this but I could not find anything specific.

Thanks
Read more : VO2 Max and Lactate Blood level test | Views : 19865 | Replies : 24

3-person alpine-style team

I've read somewhere that while 3 people on technical routes is usually a pain, on alpine routes it can be good. I can't really think of any reason why this would be true. Does anyone know why?
Read more : 3-person alpine-style team | Views : 7147 | Replies : 16

Mt. Rainer Training

I am considering climbing the famous Disappointment Cleaver route on Mount Rainer next summer so I can add my name to the long list of those who have traveled it. And to my list of accomplishments.

Does anyone have any training suggestions? Or words of wisdom? I am a freshie when it comes to alpine climbs. I have climbed an alpine accent of Mt Owen, the Koven route and the Middle Teton along with a ...
Read more : Mt. Rainer Training | Views : 19180 | Replies : 38

Ab Slide/Roller

Anybody use these things? I consider myself in decent shape but every time I use this it kicks my ass. I'd be sore or feel my abs being a bit stiff the next day or day after that. I do about 60 slides and 40 crunches. Not sure if I'm just not in good of a shape I think I am or I'm using it wrong. When I use the Ab Slide, I extend all ...
Read more : Ab Slide/Roller | Views : 2386 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557944 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136394