It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:26 am

News News of Technique and Training

Site map of Technique and Training » Forum : Technique and Training

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.

Flexibility and Suppleness - key to injury prevention

Flexibility and Suppleness - key to injury prevention and increased strength.

Something will tear if it's over stretched or over loaded beyond what it's done before. I played International Badminton for 13 years, including across the US. It's the sport with the fastest pace and fastest smash (217mph). And at the same rock climbed and cycle raced.

http://fasthing.blogspot.com/2008/08/fa ... smash.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIYbsGYT4m4&NR=1
With movements ...
Read more : Flexibility and Suppleness - key to injury prevention | Views : 14108 | Replies : 25

Open Discussion on Running as a part of a Training Regimen

This thread is open to anyone to post their experience or opinion about incorporating running as a part of their regular training or condition regimen. You can post here regardless of which peaks you have summited or the highest altitude you've visited.

I'm 52 years old. I run off and on, I usually increase the amount I run when I'm getting in shape for an upcoming trip. sometimes I run a flat 3 mile loop. ...
Read more : Open Discussion on Running as a part of a Training Regimen | Views : 6291 | Replies : 27

Joint injuries from running

I freaking get injured all the freaking time from running. I don't know why- I just do. I wear orthotics, go to the school trainer whenever I get hurt, but it still happens. And it's not just one thing- my list this season (1 month) includes, but is not limited to:

-Shin splints
-Achilles tendon pain in left ankle
-Tendonitis in right ankle
-Sprained right foot
-Knee trouble
-Hip pain

Why? Climbing certainly doesn't degrade ...
Read more : Joint injuries from running | Views : 16512 | Replies : 47

Strength training for maintenance

I want to do more cardio training in order to shed a few pounds, but I'm wary of neglecting my resistance training and losing muscle mass and/or strength. What would you suggest is the minimum volume of resistance training for avoiding this?
Read more : Strength training for maintenance | Views : 14252 | Replies : 19

Cro$$fit?

So I am genuinely interested in learning more about Crossfit. I looked into it and it turns out there is a new Crossfit gym in my town but holy G-d is it expensive! $565 initiation fee and $165 per month. Is this unusually expensive our are all Crossfit gyms this expensive?
Read more : Cro$$fit? | Views : 11781 | Replies : 45

Moderate overweight and Kilimajaro?

So, mentioned to my parents the other day that I'm planning to climb Kili within the next few years. And they were really excited, something they've wanted to do for a long time too.

Only problem is, my mom is moderately overweight (about 15-20 kg). Does any of you know how that will affect her ability to climb the mountain? Should we postpone the trip untill she's had a chance to shed some of the ...
Read more : Moderate overweight and Kilimajaro? | Views : 8787 | Replies : 27

Anyone use a Treadwall for training?

There's one at the rock gym near my house. It seems like it should be a convenient way to build clmbing-specific endurance. Does anyone use one of these as part of their regular workout? Can you suggest tips as to how it can be effectively used as part of an overall training program? Thanks in advance...
Read more : Anyone use a Treadwall for training? | Views : 4419 | Replies : 3

General Training

Hello everybody,

So over the summer I pretty much became a vegetable, due to being sick for a good month. I lost alot of muscle mass (about 10-15 pounds), and gained around 10 pounds of fat while I was recovering from my illness.

Now that I am fully recovered, I would like to try to get back into shape too how I was before. I was a competitive rower last year, and went to the ...
Read more : General Training | Views : 20314 | Replies : 40

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557944 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136387