It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:34 pm

News News of US - Utah

Site map of US - Utah » Forum : US - Utah

Find climbing partners in Utah.

Does anyone still use this?

Hey, I am not quite sure where to look for a partner (just posted on mp too), but I am trying to meet some people in the slc area who are stoked on peak bagging. I am not the most experienced with getting on higher peaks during winter/spring conditions, but I am eager to learn. I have microspikes and an ice ax that I have used a fair amount, but am going to invest in ...
Read more : Does anyone still use this? | Views : 27036 | Replies : 1

Ozzie looking for climbing partner (cracks) in october

Relatively newbie climber off to splitter camp in oct.. will be in Utah for a month. Looking to get mileage and climb. (2yrs climbing in blue mountains, 5'2) Have a rack. Climb 17-20 anything i cant pass I can aid through :)
Read more : Ozzie looking for climbing partner (cracks) in october | Views : 11559 | Replies : 1

Moab Thanksgiving weekend?

Is anyone going to be in the Moab area Thanksgiving weekend?
Read more : Moab Thanksgiving weekend? | Views : 7086 | Replies : 0

Elephant Canyon--Needles District

Hello-

Anyone been in this canyon recently and know the conditions? There is supposed to be a spring near EC3 and wondering if it's still possible to pull water from it or if it's frozen completely. Any other info would be much appreciated as well. The rangers don't seem to know a lot about it as of late. Heading in on the 20th for 4 days.

Thanks!
Read more : Elephant Canyon--Needles District | Views : 6264 | Replies : 2

Climb/Skitour/Trail Running

New to the area living near Ogden and am a full-time student at the University of Utah. Looking some friends for trail running, climbing, and backcountry skiing. Definitely would like to learn the local area better.

Strong trail runner, strong intermediate backcountry skier, and decent climber.
Read more : Climb/Skitour/Trail Running | Views : 5337 | Replies : 0

Box Elder Peak Saturday.

I am looking for a partner or two to climb Box Elder Peak (the one in the Wellsvilles) next Saturday. I was thinking the the most efficient way of climbing both Wellsville Cone and Box Elder Peak would be to go up the Coldwater Trail and down the Rattlesnake Trail, which would require a car shuttle.

If you would like to do this hike next Saturday, let me know. The autumn leaves should be really ...
Read more : Box Elder Peak Saturday. | Views : 5321 | Replies : 0

Canyoneering Presidents Day Weekend?

Does anyone want to do something over Presidents Day weekend? I was thinking the Roost, weather dependent. I could even go as far as somewhere like Marble Canyon, but that's a longer drive.

Some canyons I was thinking of that are usually good for winter:

North Fork Robbers Roost
White Roost (either or both forks)
Lower Larry
Main and West Fork Bluejohn or Little Bluejohn
Three Canyon Forks

Marble Canyon has plenty of good ones, ...
Read more : Canyoneering Presidents Day Weekend? | Views : 6796 | Replies : 0

Looking for Utah Rock Climbers? This Spring?

Hello;

I am based in the Bay Area, male, in my 20's I have been planning a trip to Utah this spring for about a week, to stop at Zion National Park and Canyon Lands, to explore various slot canyons, and do some climbing, including visiting the different arches. I will be doing it for about a week, will be driving there. If you are located in Utah or already going to be there, would ...
Read more : Looking for Utah Rock Climbers? This Spring? | Views : 10135 | Replies : 7

Indian Creek 11/10-11/14?

I'm in Moab by myself looking to do a little climbing.
I would love to check out Indian Creek if anyone's planning on going and has a spot in their car.
Arches would also be incredible...

I will happily carry gear and provide good company, beer, and other consumables.
I'm planning on cruising down Potash road tomorrow afternoon to meet folks.

Call me if you'd like to talk
- Mark Sena
206-859-9394
Read more : Indian Creek 11/10-11/14? | Views : 6065 | Replies : 0

Kings Peak, UT Summit in September 2014

Anyone interested in Summiting Kings Peak, UT in September, 2014 give me a shout at javarogue@gmail.com
Read more : Kings Peak, UT Summit in September 2014 | Views : 6457 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557945 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136395