It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:02 am

News News of Utah

Site map of Utah » Forum : Utah

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

4-5 days in Moab, where to go?

Hello- I'll be spending some time in Moab around Nov 11th. What are some good sites to see for day hikes? Figuring on Canyonlands and Arches. Any must see sites anyone can recommend? Thanks in advance.
Read more : 4-5 days in Moab, where to go? | Views : 9522 | Replies : 7

Zion Park free camping

anyone know if Mosquito Cove is open for camping? It was closed years ago, but I haven't been down there in a while and wanted to know if it opened again.

I want to head down to Zion soon and would like some free camping.
Read more : Zion Park free camping | Views : 6463 | Replies : 4

A Week in UT/CO

All,

In the process of moving cross-country, I have about a week to spend between Vegas and Denver and was looking for some recommendations for non-technical day-hike summits. I'm planning on going Mt. Elbert, but otherwise have no plans. I'm looking primarily for mountains to day hike/run, but if there are other can't-miss locales I'm very interested. I'm a bit familiar with the Denver area but totally new to Utah.

In a day, I'm capable ...
Read more : A Week in UT/CO | Views : 6244 | Replies : 6

Utah, Nevada

Looking for a partner in Nevada and Utah. I've got 26 cams and a 70 m rope. Message me here with your cell.
Read more : Utah, Nevada | Views : 3971 | Replies : 1

Room for Rent SLC

*About the house:

Rose Park neighborhood (NW corner of SLC)- very close to I-15, 10 minutes to downtown or
Trax/Front Runner, 15 minutes to climbing gym, less than 40 minutes to all
ski resorts.

The house is an updated rambler-style with four bedrooms, two bathrooms,
and a detached garage for gear storage and tinkering. In the back of the
house is the master bedroom and a guest room/office. Off the main
hallway are two bedrooms ...
Read more : Room for Rent SLC | Views : 4200 | Replies : 0

Henry mountains

hello all,
I'm thinking to head down to the Henry's early this week before the winter storm comes in. Has anybody been there recently and know the conditions / road access? I cannot find anything on the BLM website, and I can't get throught o the field office in Hanksville either. Any info helps - thanks!
Read more : Henry mountains | Views : 4904 | Replies : 1

Thanksgiving plan Road trip to Page&Utah any Ideas Suggestio

Me & my friends families are planning to go Antelope Canyon , Grand canyon South Rim and Brcyce canyon for the Thanks giving weekend
Every family had a kid so we didn't plan for any activities

From Nov 24 to Nov 25 , we are planning to stay in Page to see the Lower Antelope Canyon near by places like Lake powell and Horse Shoe Bend and next day we are planning to Grand canyon ...
Read more : Thanksgiving plan Road trip to Page&Utah any Ideas Suggestio | Views : 6715 | Replies : 5

Bryce/Zion climbing partner needed

will be in Bryce/Zion last week of September, first week of October, looking for a partner to climb with, don't want to have to hire a guide, too expensive, lets climb, you know you want to...
Read more : Bryce/Zion climbing partner needed | Views : 6887 | Replies : 6

Porcupine Mountain Info Needed

My husband and I are working on the 100 Most Prominent Peaks in Utah. I'm having a hard time finding any information on #98 (Porcupine Mountain, Summit County) on this website or any other. I find some information on a different Porcupine Mountain peak... but I was wondering if anyone knows of any more info or can lead me in the right direction.
Read more : Porcupine Mountain Info Needed | Views : 5973 | Replies : 3

High Uintas 5 Day Route Help

My wife and I are relatively new to backpacking but are in great physical condition and experienced outdoors people. I am trying to piece together a 5 day pack in the High Uintas. Originally we were thinking of taking on High Line but that is probably more than we should take on for our first trip. After some research I'm looking at how we can hike the Henry's Fork trail, summit King's Peak and then ...
Read more : High Uintas 5 Day Route Help | Views : 5766 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557945 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136394