It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

News News of Utah

Site map of Utah » Forum : Utah

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

Rainier DC route third member needed!

Unfortunately our third team member(s) have dropped out based on various medical or other reasons. We were planning on climbing the DC route the last week of June but that can be pushed back if necessary. (July)

About us: Both early twenties. Have taken formal mountaineering classes and climbed many peaks in the Wasatch in winter conditions. Both located in SLC we are planning on driving to Seattle in my car.

Prefer someone who has ...
Read more : Rainier DC route third member needed! | Views : 4568 | Replies : 0

Recommended hikes near Salt Lake

I'm visiting Salt Lake for a conference next week and have occasion to sneak out for some rarefied air.
I'd love to get into the high country but can't bring snow or climbing gear.
Can you recommended any Wasatch hikes within an hour of downtown?

Josh
Read more : Recommended hikes near Salt Lake | Views : 4404 | Replies : 0

Vernal area anytime soon?

IS anyone going to be in the Vernal area anytime soon? If so, please contact me.
Read more : Vernal area anytime soon? | Views : 5182 | Replies : 0

What would you do if you had a week in S. Utah?

My girlfriend just got laid off from a major car rental company and she has her corporate car until the end of the month so we are talking about driving from Minneapolis to Southern Utah to muck around for 7 - 10 days (I can take the time off). We have to be back to return the car by 4-30 so why not put these miles on a rental as Southern Utah is hard to ...
Read more : What would you do if you had a week in S. Utah? | Views : 6689 | Replies : 2

Utah next week ? 3.21-26

Want to do a canyon or 2 if a short notice partner is interested. Clearwater is top of list. Otherwise - east bluejohn, eardley, cable, ???. Or maybe a short backpack out to either Hite or Hog benchmarks.
Read more : Utah next week ? 3.21-26 | Views : 5645 | Replies : 2

Henry's Fork conditions question & Gilbert Peak footage Henry's Fork conditions question & Gilbert Peak footage

Has anyone been up to Henry's Fork lately? Has anyone broken a ski track yet this year? Is the annual end of March King's Peak trip going to happen? Any beta on this years conditions for up that way would be much appreciated. :D

Some friends and I want to ski or snowshoe in, camp near Elkhorn for a night, hit a peak the next morning, ...
Read more : Henry's Fork conditions question & Gilbert Peak footage | Views : 8802 | Replies : 7

Blue Mountain ski resort

Does anybody know what the snow conditions are at the old Blue Mountain ski area outside Monticello? Is there enough to ski?
Read more : Blue Mountain ski resort | Views : 5553 | Replies : 1

5-day road trip to Zion and Antelope Canyon, ideas?

hi Summit Post experts!

My friends and I are planning a 5-day camping trip to Zion National Park. Page, and Grand Canyon during Thanksgiving time. This is our first time visiting this area. We plan to fly to Vegas to pick up a rental car and go from there. We'd love to hear your ideas about the trip:

1. Since we only have 4 nights and 5 days. How to best utilize our time for ...
Read more : 5-day road trip to Zion and Antelope Canyon, ideas? | Views : 10398 | Replies : 7

TRAVEL CHANNEL SHOOT -- SEPT 17, 2015

The Travel Channel will be shooting in the Moab region for an upcoming show about America's National Parks. We will be filming on 9/17/15 and are looking for people who are interested in appearing on camera while rock climbing. We will be in the Wall Street/Potash area around 3-3:30PM. Anyone that is interested can contact us at andrewm@sharpentertainment.com or be in the area on Thursday. We will most likely be ...
Read more : TRAVEL CHANNEL SHOOT -- SEPT 17, 2015 | Views : 5412 | Replies : 0

Good FALL climbs?

Hey friends, I just moved to Provo from Idaho and spent the last few seasons in the Tetons. I was wondering which peaks and routes would be good during the Fall out in the Wasatch range? Thanks in advanced.

All the best, Michael
Read more : Good FALL climbs? | Views : 6632 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557888 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136291