It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:49 am

News News of Utah

Site map of Utah » Forum : Utah

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

Spring Mountaineering Thread 2010

I'm going to plan for a climb of Lone Peak via Big Willow April 24. Any interest out there from you Summitposters?
Read more : Spring Mountaineering Thread 2010 | Views : 15130 | Replies : 77

need to start hiking again

dam, has it really been 6 months since my last hike?? I'm in way better shape now (running and weight lifting) and am making a list of peaks in the Wasatch/Uintas To tackle this year. Any advice from you Hiking experts??
Read more : need to start hiking again | Views : 1524 | Replies : 2

UTAH CLIMBING SUGGESTIONS

I will be heading to the Salt Lake area the last week of April, and I am looking for some area climbing suggestions . I heard this was a low snow year so I am hoping that will give me more options.

Thanks!
Read more : UTAH CLIMBING SUGGESTIONS | Views : 1810 | Replies : 6

UTAH - Tabernacle Choir Keg Party

Hey Salt Lake Gang:

Ok, now that the subject line got your attention... 8)

I will be in your neck of the woods (staying in Park City, specifically) in mid-May. I want to take my team members up a local summit for some suffering-induced team building. :twisted: I find that nothing makes a group of professionals bond better ...
Read more : UTAH - Tabernacle Choir Keg Party | Views : 5728 | Replies : 16

shuttle-Highline Trail in July

I'm planning a Highline Trail East to West hike with my dog around mid-July. One car only, so I'm looking for a shuttle from Hayden Pass back to Leidy Peak Trailhead. Any suggestions? Also, feel free to suggest links or 'must know' info for this trip. Thanks!
Read more : shuttle-Highline Trail in July | Views : 2750 | Replies : 2

temple mountain/tomisch butte, san rafael swell

does anyone know anything about the routes on these peaks? is tomisch technical? kelsey's swell book has basic info for temple, exposed north side scrambling-4th class/low 5th. that's all i've found so far. has anyone been up either of these?

jamie
Read more : temple mountain/tomisch butte, san rafael swell | Views : 1109 | Replies : 3

indian creek temps/conditions

hi!
does anyone have recent temps/climbing conditions in indian creek UT? i am considering a climbing trip and wanted to know if its been too cold for climbing. thanks!
Read more : indian creek temps/conditions | Views : 1342 | Replies : 2

UT 12 - Most amazing drive in the world?

Been to Yosemite, Beartooth, Nevada, all those places in Colorado, Wyoming, etc. Sure there's plenty of places I haven't been to.

But hands down UT 12 from Tropic to Torrey (through Escalante and Boulder) is the most amazing road I've ever driven. I cried tears of joy.

Just wish I had more time to explore the area
Read more : UT 12 - Most amazing drive in the world? | Views : 3868 | Replies : 11

Good climbing near st. george

Are there any good climbing spots near st. george that are for a true begginer, I have never been climbing outside of a gym, so it needs to be pretty easy with fixed anchors.
Read more : Good climbing near st. george | Views : 1430 | Replies : 3

Camping Near canyonlands

Hi, I am going hiking in the Island in the Sky district of Canyonlands next week. I was wondering if anyone knows of good campsites in the area? We would like to camp in the park, but are not sure if there will be enough space when we arrive. Also, if you have any hikes to recomend that would great as well.

Will
Read more : Camping Near canyonlands | Views : 11904 | Replies : 12

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557946 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136398