It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:56 am

News News of Utah

Site map of Utah » Forum : Utah

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

forest fire smoke

I'm planning on camping this Friday night near Trial Lake, but I'm having second thoughts if this forest fire smoke is in the uintas as well. does anyone know? thanks for any info.
Read more : forest fire smoke | Views : 5257 | Replies : 0

Be safe out there

A man from Tooele County fell off of a cliff on Mt. Nebo yesterday. Here is the story on KSL:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35985589&nid=14 ... d=toppick3
Read more : Be safe out there | Views : 5351 | Replies : 0

Looking for trans zion permits for labor day weekend

Me and my wife are trying to get the permits for the trans zion hike. I mixed up the dates and go permits for the week before labor day weekend. Tried calling to switch the dates but no luck. I managed to get the campsite for day 1 but couldn't get the campsites for other days. I need your help. It's both our 35th Birthdays and my wife wanted to do this hike for a ...
Read more : Looking for trans zion permits for labor day weekend | Views : 5482 | Replies : 0

Grand Gulch water availability during September

Hi All, I'm planning a mid-September hike from Kane Gulch, exiting at Collins Spring. Are there any water sources along that transit that would be available then? Thanks, Phil
Read more : Grand Gulch water availability during September | Views : 5418 | Replies : 0

La Sal Conditions

Has anyone been to the La Sal Mountains in the last few days? I'm wondering what the snow conditions are up on the ridges before I make a trip out there this weekend. Any info that can be shared would be greatly appreciated.
Read more : La Sal Conditions | Views : 6419 | Replies : 2

New page for "flux peak"

Made this a while ago. Still needs a few more things added but figured I'd make it public and post it.

Flux peak - Stansbury Mts. Tooele, Co., Ut.

http://www.summitpost.org/flux-peak-peak-8003/889775
Read more : New page for "flux peak" | Views : 5552 | Replies : 0

Massive unnamed tower in the Tushar Range - any info?

I noticed on Google Earth (TM) that there is a massive 650' tall tower rising on the ridge below Mount Holly. There are no photos, no mention of it, not even anything on the topo maps? Not on Peakbagger! Not on Lists of John. Massive tower appears on Google Earth (TM). It is at 38.352133, -112.344396. Is this just a mirage?
Read more : Massive unnamed tower in the Tushar Range - any info? | Views : 8580 | Replies : 6

First time to SLC

Coming in for the holiday weekend and we've never spent any time in the SLC area, though I've spent time in southern Utah. With access to a good corporate rate we plan on staying downtown but are open to staying elsewhere if needed. So, with so many options I'm putting a post out for advice.
Few things:
-Like to keep the trail heads within an hour or two of the city.
-Wanted to do Kings ...
Read more : First time to SLC | Views : 6857 | Replies : 2

Does anyone have a Lone Peak GPS track?

I'm planning to hike up to the summit of Lone Peak in June and I am not familiar with the area. I have reviewed a bunch of sites and trip logs and I'm running into the following issues:

(1) there are multiple route options (Jacobs Ladder, Bear Canyon, etc.), but some of these trails/trail heads have either been renamed or may have multiple names (e.g., http://climb-utah.com/WM/lonepeak.htm)

(2) access to ...
Read more : Does anyone have a Lone Peak GPS track? | Views : 7639 | Replies : 2

Gear for Narrows

Hi -
Not sure if this is the right place to post. If it's not, please lmk if another forum is more appropriate.
I'm heading out to the Narrows in Zion for an overnight trip during the first/second week of May. Regarding gear, what kinds of clothing do I need? Wetsuit? Drysuit? Farmer John's? Shorts? Neoprene pants/leggings?

What I've found so far is that a Wetsuit is overkill and a Drysuit gets too darn hot. ...
Read more : Gear for Narrows | Views : 7812 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557928 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136356