It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:52 am

News News of Utah

Site map of Utah » Forum : Utah

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

Zion Classic Peaks

So a similar post was made not too long ago but the requirements were different.
We have 3 days in Zion and are looking for routes from 4th-5.6ish. Up to 5.8ish if it is a short pitch.
We're in good shape and decently fast, so we'd like to fill the days sunrise to sunset, Apr 24-26.
My buddy is not a canyoneer and we are not bringing wetsuits... unless a canyon trumps the peaks.

What ...
Read more : Zion Classic Peaks | Views : 10275 | Replies : 9

Zion Scrambling

I am looking for 3 or 4 peaks in Zion to do some scrambling on. I will have my wife with me, so shorter hikes would be great (like 5 miles, 2000 feet of gain type trips). Class ratings of 3 or lower. Any ideas?

Will be there in mid-April. I've done Angels Landing already FYI.

Thanks!
Read more : Zion Scrambling | Views : 27679 | Replies : 15

Anyone planning on doing Everest ridge in near future?

or any other somewhat prominent peak?

I'm trying to get into mountaineering but I don't want to pay 500 bucks for a course with Exum. I've been out a few times, I have experience with an ice axe, I have decent gear, and I'm in relatively decent shape.

I'd buy you a burger and or some beers if any group wouldn't mind a novice tag along to learn the ropes.
Read more : Anyone planning on doing Everest ridge in near future? | Views : 8873 | Replies : 7

Trans Zion Trekk Mid March

Hello all,

I'm planning to do the narrows march 14th-15th, and the trans zion trek march 17th to 22nd. I've been doing my research but just had a few clarifying questions. Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated!

1) I'd love to do the narrows top down, but have found disagreeing information on whether or not the road to chamberlain's ranch will actually be open or not. Is it weather dependent or is it just plain ...
Read more : Trans Zion Trekk Mid March | Views : 8538 | Replies : 3

.Epic traffic jam on Castleton Tower, North Chimney 5.9-, .

After being rained out on my first attempt at the most iconic Souther Utah desert monolith, Castleton Tower, I returned 6 months later only to face new adversities...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGYXbON ... detailpage
Read more : .Epic traffic jam on Castleton Tower, North Chimney 5.9-, . | Views : 6654 | Replies : 1

Ancient Art, Stolen Chimney 5.10a top out footage

Summit footage of Ancient Art, stolen chimney 5.10a, Fisher Towers, Moab area Utah. Sickest top out ever! http://youtu.be/OK1-vaLeklk
Read more : Ancient Art, Stolen Chimney 5.10a top out footage | Views : 5853 | Replies : 0

Subway Zion NP

Can you rappel directly into the subway, or do you half to take the complete top down or bottom up route? I'm looking to cut a little time off the trip.
Read more : Subway Zion NP | Views : 6651 | Replies : 1

Was Rope Swinging Banned for All Arches or Just these 2?

So a lot of the news articles just generalize and say they banned rope swinging all out, but then this news articles says its ONLY at 2 arches; Corona and Gemini: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/06/fe ... me-iconic/

Is that correct? Or is it all arches at arches national park/Moab :?:

I also heard in a few articles it includes rappelling and all rope activities?? ...
Read more : Was Rope Swinging Banned for All Arches or Just these 2? | Views : 22177 | Replies : 17

Climbing/Exploring Trip in Utah -Looking for Others

Hello;

I am based in the Bay Area. I have been planning a trip to Utah to stop at Zion National Park and Canyon Lands, to explore various slot canyons, and do some climbing, including visiting the different arches. I will be doing it for about a week, but you dont have to go for the whole week, would love to just meet up with someone for the day at one of the area's to ...
Read more : Climbing/Exploring Trip in Utah -Looking for Others | Views : 6574 | Replies : 1

King's Peak in true Winter

Has anyone reached the summit of King's Peak in the December-February months? I have gone up in March several times but conventional wisdom has always been to go up in spring instead of Winter. What are the drawbacks from going in January? The cold?
Read more : King's Peak in true Winter | Views : 8990 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557891 • Total topics 55833 • Total members 136294