Non-climbers are weak. Do not speak to them, ignore them all

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
Charles

Re: Non-climbers are weak. Do not speak to them, ignore them

by Charles » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:05 pm

mvs wrote:I don't look like a climber and never did. I'm a chubby gumby. But I climb and have a hell of a great time with all kinds of friends...beginners and experienced climbers. I see no reason to treat most of the world with contempt in order to protect my (precious!) skills or highly calibrated mental state. :D

I always thought that it wasn´t chubbiness but barely suppressed power that was lurking under your terry towel body suit Michael! :D

Lolli

by Lolli » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:56 pm

JasonH wrote:
The Chief wrote:
JasonH wrote:I climbed out of bed this morning.

Certainly the most difficult "Rated/Grade" climbing that you have done your entire life, Jason H.

Naw, I've had tougher mornings.

:D
Thanks the laugh, Jason
Age is a matter of mind and if you don´t mind it does not matter!

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Lolli wrote:
JasonH wrote:Naw, I've had tougher mornings.

:D
Thanks the laugh, Jason

What took you so long Lolli. Climbing outta your bed every morning most definitely has to be the hardest "rated" climbing you have ever done as well.

Besides, climbing aint meant to be tough. These two posts just confirms what Steve posted in his most recent post.

Charles

by Charles » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:39 am

JasonH wrote:
The Chief wrote:
JasonH wrote:I climbed out of bed this morning.

Certainly the most difficult "Rated/Grade" climbing that you have done your entire life, Jason H.

Naw, I've had tougher mornings.

Got to admit though Chief - that is a good come back! It tickled my chuckle muscle, itdoes has a certain quality! :wink:

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:34 pm

charles wrote:

Got to admit though Chief - that is a good come back! It tickled my chuckle muscle, itdoes has a certain quality! :wink:

Yeah... for someone who DOESN'T CLIMB!

mvs

by mvs » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:55 pm

The Chief wrote:
charles wrote:

Yeah... for someone who DOESN'T CLIMB!

I've known Charles to climb a bundle of routes here in the Wilder Kaiser, but I guess you are talking about Jason? It's a good joke though. I laughed at the understandment of the whole thing. +1!

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:06 pm

mvs wrote:.... but I guess you are talking about Jason? It's a good joke though. I laughed at the understandment of the whole thing. +1!

No way Michael! Are you calling a fellow moderator who doesn't climb, lays claims to doing so and all those SPers out their in full agreement within this camp, as Steve speaks of in his OP, a joke?

goldenhopper

by goldenhopper » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:34 am

Steve1215 wrote:--

GH and mvs and everyone...

Like I keep saying over and over, all the peak baggers and scramblers and snow sloggers, and all the people who simply enjoy and love the mountains on their own simple terms, all those people should be rounded up and placed in a huge barbed wire pen, so that the anointed "real climbers" can mock and ridicule their pathetic abilities, while tossing flaming paper bags of dog excrement onto the 3rd-class scramblers heads.

Surely, surely...that was the real point that I was trying to make with this whole thread.

``steve1215

--

Steve, I'm not impressed. Here's why: "True Climbers" are just like anyone else doing anything else in the sense that some of them suck at it, some are great and the others are in between. In my experience the "climbers", doctors, accountants etc who make bold claims and grandiose assessments of their own position in their skill are the ones who suck at it. Of course there are exceptions to this rule so you have that going for you! :wink:

Also, what happened to, “being polite and having respect for others is what made me so amazingly more successful than everyone else on the planet Steve?” :lol:

Also, a true climber would have known to put this in the Spray and Slander forums. I'd expect a mistake like that from a guy who just came off an indoor rock wall drapped in Patagonia... :P

The following user would like to thank goldenhopper for this post
lcarreau

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:51 am

Like I keep saying over and over, all the peak baggers and scramblers and snow sloggers, and all the people who simply enjoy and love the mountains on their own simple terms, all those people should be rounded up and placed in a huge barbed wire pen, so that the anointed "real climbers" can mock and ridicule their pathetic abilities, while tossing flaming paper bags of dog excrement onto the 3rd-class scramblers heads.

Just one question. Is "dog excrement" the same as dog poop ??? :?:
"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

dskoon

by dskoon » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:07 am

[quote="goldenhopper"]

Also, a true climber would have known to put this in the Spray and Slander forums.

I'm thinking maybe a "true" climber wouldn't have even started this thread. . .

mvs

by mvs » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:19 am

Surely, surely...that was the real point that I was trying to make with this whole thread.

``steve1215

--

Steve1215 I get that you are being tongue-in-cheek with the whole thing, you don't need to repeat yourself "over and over." :lol: If you read my responses on the thread here and there you'll see I was opening up new questions, revelling in the free-wheeling discussion you started (like I said once before, I think it's a good thread). But every time I did that people told me to get with the program and interpreted your remarks for you back to me so finally I went away. :lol: I just had to come back briefly after the soon-to-be-classic "some mornings are harder than others" exchange!

mvs

by mvs » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:23 am

The Chief wrote:
mvs wrote:.... but I guess you are talking about Jason? It's a good joke though. I laughed at the understandment of the whole thing. +1!

No way Michael! Are you calling a fellow moderator who doesn't climb, lays claims to doing so and all those SPers out their in full agreement within this camp, as Steve speaks of in his OP, a joke?

:shock: (shock!) Well Chief, I don't know what you are talking about. All I know is that Jason made a classy joke. I didn't call him a joke. I don't give a damn if he climbs with a rope and aiders and RURPS or just tennis shoes. :)

goldenhopper

by goldenhopper » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:32 am

Steve1215 wrote:
goldenhopper wrote:Also, what happened to, “being polite and having respect for others is what made me so amazingly more successful than everyone else on the planet Steve?” :lol:

You know, about the only thing I've ever asked of people on summitpost.org is that they not hate me for being successful, rich and beautiful. And keep in mind that I was born into humiliating poverty, though I heroically rose above the diminished circumstances of my childhood, thru sheer hard work and belief in myself.

Goldenhopper, what you've done here is you've violated Bob Sihler's Off-Route Forum Rules that say you won't dredge up petty grudges from one Forum and drag them into another one. So what if I myself have violated the sacred "General Forum" with some blunt truths? At any rate, now I'm going to add some more to my Off-Route thread that GH refers to, while he violated TOS in the process. I request that GH be permanently banned!

I honestly think that people on SP who have never even done a Grade V or a Grade VI should address those who have as "Sir" or "Mister"...likewise if you have no idea of how to climb a 5.11 or 5.10 crack. SP climbers at the lower grades can work out some sort of hierarchical system to parse out who sits where on the "totem pole" (the scrotum pole?)...let's say 5.4 climbers address 5.8 climbers as "Sir" or "Your Highness." I'm totally serious about this! Of course the knife cuts both ways...people who have done hard nailing routes on El Cap or extreme alpine faces or very technical high-altitude routes, people who are waaay out of my own league...I will agree to address these elite climbers as "Sir" or "Mister" or "Your Majesty"

Does everyone agree to this?

btw: I'm searching around in my photo box from "back in the day"...this week I will try to post a photo of myself that shows my V-shape and the chiseled muscles of a typical trad 5.10 crack climber, circa 1979. I think you may be somewhat impressed.

----

:lol:

Well done Steve! I too came from piss poor, father deported twice, mother stealing milk and bread from Lucky supermarket, hand me down humble beginnings to arise to moderate comfort. I have however not arrived at San Gabriel Valley status as of yet, though I do own a few commercial properties out that way. :P

You know, about the only thing I've ever asked of people on summitpost.org is that they not hate me for being successful, rich and beautiful. And keep in mind that I was born into humiliating poverty, though I heroically rose above the diminished circumstances of my childhood, thru sheer hard work and belief in myself.

This sounded remarkably like me (especially the part about being beautiful :D ) though I generally steer away from talking about my $.

Charles

by Charles » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:41 pm

mvs wrote:
:shock: (shock!) Well Chief, I don't know what you are talking about. All I know is that Jason made a classy joke. I didn't call him a joke. I don't give a damn if he climbs with a rope and aiders and RURPS or just tennis shoes. :)

And BURPs? :o

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:10 pm

Steve1215 wrote:Goldenhopper, what you've done here is you've violated Bob Sihler's Off-Route Forum Rules that say you won't dredge up petty grudges from one Forum and drag them into another one. So what if I myself have violated the sacred "General Forum" with some blunt truths? At any rate, now I'm going to add some more to my Off-Route thread that GH refers to, while he violated TOS in the process. I request that GH be permanently banned!

Sorry, Steve, but we're going to have to let Goldenhopper stay this time. You see, ever since he posted those pictures of himself in Off-Route, female membership has spiked and the elves' PM box has been flooded with requests for his email address. We might have to create his own special forum to enable him to chat with the ladies so that they'll leave the other forums, and us, alone. So you're just going to have to endure his taunts for now.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

The following user would like to thank Bob Sihler for this post
goldenhopper, Princess Buttercup

PreviousNext

Return to General