Aconcagua January 2017

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
mmaslank

Aconcagua January 2017

by mmaslank » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:17 pm

Does anyone planning on climbing Aconcagua beginning of January 2017 and also wondering if anyone has used the company Aconcagua Adventures before http://aconcaguaadventures.com ?
I'm in Chicago and looking to meet people that are going.

Thanks,
Matt.

evelina

Re: Aconcagua January 2017

by evelina » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello,

I am planning to climb Aconcagua in the beggining of January with two experienced friends. We are travelling to Buenos Aires on 15th of December and right now we are trying to find serious people there to carry about 90 kg of equipment and food with 2 mules.

no avatar
tomas

by tomas » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Hi, the best thing to do is to check in their website who their guides are, and if they are certified.

In this site you can find listed several guides who work in Aconcagua: http://bit.ly/2aTCn83

Cheers

no avatar
RandyOverlandy

by RandyOverlandy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:13 am

Hi all,

Actually going to be at Aconcagua by early January if all goes according to plan. I will be overlanding in my truck from Santiago where I am spending Christmas with the parents over the mountains to Mendoza to get the climb permit (unless there is a better location to get one). Buddy of mine is highly interested in climbing at the same time as well, and he will be renting gear, so advice to be passed on to him is appreciated. Advice and connections are welcome! If there is a way I can help bring gear up to the mountain for any of you the idea is to bring my truck as close to the base of the mountain as possible, which means avoiding the bus situation. More than likely I will have two-three open seats in the truck on the way over the Andes to Mendoza, and then back up to the base of the mountain.

Best,
Randy

P.S. I am from North Carolina and will be overlanding most of South America for the next year, so any peaks or other places highly recommended to check out would be great. Limitations for access to locations are pretty much null given my means of travel, luckily. Thanks!

evelina

by evelina » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:01 pm

Hello, We plan first to climb Ojos del Salado in Chile for better acclimatization, than we are going to move to Mendoza and we plan to climb Aconcagua via normal route for 7-9 days. We don't plan to use guides, we are going to find someone to carry the food and equipment to Base camp. As we are going to spent some day in acclimatization in Chile we plan to climb the peak in a week, so I am confident one mule will be enough for us.

CarlosMMM

by CarlosMMM » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:54 am

Hi everybody; I´m planning on climbing Ojos del Salado this coming december, approaching it by the argentine side; I expect to be in Fiambalá around december 05..... It would be nice to meet anybody with similar plans.

no avatar
AlRincón

by AlRincón » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:49 am

Hi all of you!

I am from Colombia, and im planning to climb Aconcagua beginning the first week of january. I am searching some friends or company, i prefer to make the summit without a guide. . PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN JOIN YOU!

no avatar
Brenneman

by Brenneman » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:34 am

Hi, I will be climbing Aconcagua jan 9th. I plan on carrying all my stuff to plaza de mulas unless someone wants to split the cost of a mule. I live at 7,000 ft and climb 12-13,000 ft mountains every weekend. I climbed the volcanoes last winter in mexico. We climbed orizaba round trip in 5 hours. Although I did have a mild headache I felt okay. Looking for someone to climb Aconcagua with who is acclimated and wants to climb it pretty fast. Let me know if you are interested. Also is Diamox still prohibited on the mountain? Not sure why since it helps you acclimated unlike dex which masks your symptoms.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,
Cameron

The following user would like to thank Brenneman for this post
xlambert@live.ca

no avatar
xlambert@live.ca

by xlambert@live.ca » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:12 am

I am going to Aconcagua from approx. jan 10th to jan 25th and I am looking for a partner to share a Mule (I still did not choose either I want to go for the normal route or the Polish traverse route).

Anyone interested?

kunz82414

by kunz82414 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Anyone still making last minute plans for 2017? I might be available in the coming weeks...

Cy Kaicener

by Cy Kaicener » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:07 pm

Kurt Wedberg's SMI Aconcagua 2017 team just summited Aconcagua -- http://sierramountaineering.com/smis-ac ... he-summit/

https://www.facebook.com/kurt.wedberg -- log in

Return to South America