Partners Wanted - Peru - June through August 2017

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
Scott Dusek

Partners Wanted - Peru - June through August 2017

by Scott Dusek » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:50 pm

I am looking for partners to climb and trek around Huaraz , Peru for the 2017 climbing season. I am an experienced climber, my wife is an avid trekker and easy peak climber. Pisco, Urus, Ishinca and other easy/moderate peaks will make up the majority of our itinerary but I would like to climb some technical peaks like Alpamayo as well (my wife will stay at base camp).

Both of us speak fluent Spanish and have spent a month in Peru already. We are quite familiar with how the country operates and happy to handle logistics if necessary. We spent 3 months trekking and climbing in the Himalayas a few years back and are about to spend 1.5 months trekking and climbing in Patagonia.

It is possible to rent all the necessary equipment in Huaraz, but it is always nice to have your own gear if possible. We are happy to trek supported (donkeys and a cook) or with our usual not-supported style.

We are laid-back backpackers who have traveled every continent (minus Antarctica) extensively. Let's rope up and see some world highlights together!

liamando

Re: Partners Wanted - Peru - June through August 2017

by liamando » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:56 am

Hey,

I sent you an email, will be in Peru from the 17th of July and my partner joins me after the 5th of August and we fly back the 26th of August. Definitely keen to find partners whilst I'm out alone and happy to be a bigger group after. Both Scottish Winter Climbers and have climbed past 4000m in the European alps. First time in the Andes though!

no avatar
mgorb

by mgorb » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi Scott-Email me at matt.gorbett@yahoo.com. I'm also looking for partners to go to Peru with this summer.

Humberto

by Humberto » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:23 am

I just wanted to throw it out there in case any of you are going to be in the Arequipa region and want to get together to climb any of my local peaks...El Misti, Chachani, Ampato, Coropuna to name a few. I've been living in Arequipa for a little over 5 years now so I have the logistics down pretty well!! Happy Adventuring...

no avatar
murdocho

by murdocho » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Hey guys,
I'm planning to be in South America early May through mid June, trying to narrow down my options where specifically at the moment.

I'm also looking to do some trekking and easy(er) peaks. let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up. Feel free to shoot me an email - solidus11@icloud.com

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Thu May 04, 2017 3:46 pm

I'll be in Peru June 26 to July 6 if anyone is interested in meeting up.

no avatar
murdocho

by murdocho » Wed May 10, 2017 3:17 pm

I'm currently in Huaraz and will be here until at least the 20th. Can stay longer if anyone wants to meet up.. reply here or drop me a line at solidus11@icloud.com or +51 989 228 896

Walkoutnow

by Walkoutnow » Tue May 16, 2017 10:29 pm

I am planning on being down there as well and would love to get into a group to climb from the Ishinca valley. Ursus este, Ishinca and Tocllaraju would be a nice trio, I think. I was planning on hiring a guide , so if anyone is interested in joining to make it cheaper for all, let me know. I really don't want to fork over the money for a group trip from here in the states...

Please shoot me an email if anyone is of the same mindset. derek9398@yahoo.com

As of right now, I am looking to head down late June, or first of July. I am very flexible with my schedule.

Thanks

Return to South America