Experiment: gloves do not make climbing low 5s harder

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.
no avatar
Yank-Tank

Re: Experiment: gloves do not make climbing low 5s harder

by Yank-Tank » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:18 am

butitsadryheat wrote:
Yank-Tank wrote:I like his skiing the best. His skiing reminds me of my sister when she was 5-6 yo.

Your sister was a jerk and dangerous to others when she was 5-6? :lol: cuz that is what he is

Yip, I pushed her off the chairlift once and she put her teeth threw her lip.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:49 am

Simkin wrote:
butitsadryheat wrote: By his own mentality, he should been able to hike back down the mountain after spraining his ankle on that weak little 3 foot jump. But no, he wastes our tax dollars ... in getting a SAR rescue.

A 7 foot jump. The ankle was not sprained but broken: dislocated fracture. Marines are on salary anyway.

It probably wasn't the Marines rescuing your socially retarded ass, but regardless, that's a nice attitude you have toward people who risk their lives to save those of others.

Did they come close enough to tell you their schools and GPAs?
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

redsolarearth

by redsolarearth » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:45 am

Simpkin, I tossed the second rope to you while you were stuck on 5.6 slab, near the summit of Cathedral peak in Tuolumne. That was the second time that day someone tossed you a rope.
Its not ok for you to lie about this. You got in way over your head twice that day. Whaterv, I dont think its safe for you to do that, but the real thing is you are lying and denying that you needed a rope to yank on twice. You need to learn what your limits are, part of that is admitting where your skills are, that includes NOT LYING about getting rescued.

The following user would like to thank redsolarearth for this post
Bob Sihler, Marcsoltan, myles

Burchey

by Burchey » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:05 am

redsolarearth wrote:Simpkin, I tossed the second rope to you while you were stuck on 5.6 slab, near the summit of Cathedral peak in Tuolumne. That was the second time that day someone tossed you a rope.
Its not ok for you to lie about this. You got in way over your head twice that day. Whaterv, I dont think its safe for you to do that, but the real thing is you are lying and denying that you needed a rope to yank on twice. You need to learn what your limits are, part of that is admitting where your skills are, that includes NOT LYING about getting rescued.

Oh snap!!!

"Come closer"

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:47 am

I felt that smack from here.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:12 am

Since I coined the term "Simplekin," I demand a $1 royalty every time someone else uses it online.

Send me your PayPal info.

And you pay the fees.

The following user would like to thank Bob Sihler for this post
Burchey, myles

Burchey

by Burchey » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Golem

The following user would like to thank Burchey for this post
Bob Sihler

myles

by myles » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Jeez, Burchey, I had know idea you looked like such a dork. :o

The following user would like to thank myles for this post
Bob Sihler, Burchey

Burchey

by Burchey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:47 am

myles wrote:Jeez, Burchey, I had know idea you looked like such a dork. :o

You should see me eat salad

The following user would like to thank Burchey for this post
Marcsoltan, myles

no avatar
Yank-Tank

by Yank-Tank » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:40 pm

Seen his new mountain biking video? It's a classic, must watch.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:15 am

Link?

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:01 am

clmbr wrote:This is pathetic he calls himself a climber but twisted his ankle while hiking with ski poles and called for a helicopter to be rescued and GoPro-ed and posted on YouTube the whole event shamelessly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXKfzcyXS6I Go to 3:06-3:12. What would be next?

Wow, I am trying really hard to be distant on this, remove myself from the train wreck.

I've done that jump (on Picacho) 5 times, it's not a place for trekking poles. It doesn't need to be more than 3'-4' total, over big exposure; one is supposed to downclimb a bit. I think he started his jump way too high on the slope (but the GoPro distortion makes it hard to tell). I broke my ankle in 2009 (NOT at Picacho), by landing wrong after a mere 2' jump. I walked out that time, and now I carry enough supplies to tape my ankle. I try to learn from my mistakes.

Once in the past, probably when drunk, I declared my academic credentials on SP; mea culpa. Common sense is often rare in the ivied halls, and academic laurels do not necessarily translate into good decisions in everyday life. As you all know. Academia can be snider and crueler than the nastiest SuperTopo thread.

EDIT: I'm sincerely glad he posted that video; it shows details of SAR that are not obvious. I doubt he was able to get reception on his iPhone from that location; I wonder if the man and kid found him and called 911. Locals climb to the north summit a lot, as it doesn't involve anything worse than class 3 (and the jump). The USGS map (erroneously) shows the north summit as higher.
Last edited by MoapaPk on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics, Spray, and Slander