Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Ecuador Climb/Mountaineering Schools Good or Worth the $$$?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.

Suggestions on Other Good Months to Climb Cotopaxi,etc...

Postby deep6 » Mon May 05, 2008 6:53 pm

i'm still trying to plan my climb and vaca in ecuador right now but, i was thinking after looking at airfares from the US/accomadations/mountaineering courses that its going to cost a grip! sounds like its going to be the peak season w/ a boatload of people going up the mountains during this time so i was wondering what are some other good months for the rest of this year w/ less crowds and good weather to visit ecuador and possibily make some summit attempts on cotopaxi and the surrounding acclimation peaks?
deep6

Location: san francisco, California, north amercia, United States

Re: Suggestions on Other Good Months to Climb Cotopaxi,etc..

Postby Haliku » Tue May 06, 2008 2:19 pm

deep6 wrote:i'm still trying to plan my climb and vaca in ecuador right now but, i was thinking after looking at airfares from the US/accomadations/mountaineering courses that its going to cost a grip! sounds like its going to be the peak season w/ a boatload of people going up the mountains during this time so i was wondering what are some other good months for the rest of this year w/ less crowds and good weather to visit ecuador and possibily make some summit attempts on cotopaxi and the surrounding acclimation peaks?

The two main climbing seasons are Dec-Feb and June-Aug. Visiting at the start/end of either season might result in more weather issues as the seasonaly weather overlaps. I spent 15 days in early July last year and it was never crowded on a mountain or at a hut. Cheers!
Haliku

Previous

Return to South America