A Photo Rating Question

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
no avatar
Dave K
Forum Moderator

by Dave K » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:37 pm

Personally I don't care about photo voting at all. The system in place, as most would acknowledge, is hopelessly broken, full of contradictions, and unlikely to be fixed.

So why get worked up?

David Senesac

by David Senesac » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 am

Dave K wrote:Personally I don't care about photo voting at all. The system in place, as most would acknowledge, is hopelessly broken, full of contradictions, and unlikely to be fixed.

So why get worked up?

For me its not really about getting worked up about the issue but rather maybe once or twice each year someone, often a newbie to the forum, will notice how the voting system has whatever problems and post their complaints just like this person did. I did the same thing several years ago when I first changed from lurker to member and made several suggestions that were rather ignored even inside the threads. So when one of these threads reoccurs, I'm likely going to put my two cents in briefly just to be a little grain of salt in the wound annoying those making decisions.

It is true that many members on the board seem to make a big deal about the photo voting however misguided they are, that is reflected in the many that regularly post images and vote. There are a fair number on this board that have large galleries and seem to be rather absorbed by it all. Actually I came to the conclusion a bit after the last major forum software change, that those in charge of the forum software and voting algorithms rather dislike the whole image voting system since this is and ought be more about mountains and climbing, so purposely left it semi-functional merely to irritate those that complain and keeping it from getting any more serious than it already is.

David Senesac
http://www.davidsenesac.com

vancouver islander

by vancouver islander » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:10 am

lcarreau wrote:
isostatic wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca4ju2dpnSQ

:lol: Gotta watch out for those stalking dudes.

"I always feel like, somebody's watching me."

Very 80's there Larry. You'll be telling us you wear your sunglasses at night next.

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:01 am

"My future's so bright I gotta wear shades !!!"

Seriously, I'm not going to STOP people from voting on anything they like.

I believe in FREE CHOICE, so rather to vote or not to vote is entirely up to the individual.

:wink:

radson

by radson » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:38 am

Some good comments here and I can echo much of what is said. I, like Enjar and others will vote 10 or nothing. If I really like the photo, I shall add a comment.

I do sometimes get a bit miffed if a photo of mine doesn't receive any attention but I'm a big boy now so have to deal with it.

Previous

Return to Site Feedback