Where to find fuel for my stove?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
thexcat

Where to find fuel for my stove?

by thexcat » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Anybody know where I can find fuel for my stove? I'm looking for "campingaz" fuel. REI has stopped stocking these and I've checked out a half dozen mountaineering shops, no luck. Next shop i find that stocks these will receive a lot of business from me :)

I'm looking for:

i2stillclimb

Fuel

by i2stillclimb » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:47 pm

I just got two from Camping World(or Outdoor World) on River street in Santa Cruz. Like you I looked EVERYWHERE. The Whoa Nelli Deli manager in Lee Vining said he had one for two years before he sold it this summer. Better stock up.

thexcat

Re: Fuel

by thexcat » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:12 pm

i2stillclimb wrote:I just got two from Camping World(or Outdoor World) on River street in Santa Cruz. Like you I looked EVERYWHERE. The Whoa Nelli Deli manager in Lee Vining said he had one for two years before he sold it this summer. Better stock up.

Thanks for the response. I'll try calling them.

True story: 2 weeks ago I camped at Thousand Islands Lake. Our group was nervous about running out of gas as we only had 1 small canister for 3 days. After finding a good camp location, we ended up finding a large blue cannister behind a rock. Compatible with my stove! It was left behind by campers. We were very happy, ecstatic. What are the odds? I found a cannister in the middle of nowhere, but nowhere to be found in the civilized world (on this side of the pond).

Return to California