Mount Rogers, VA Trailhead video

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
MDZ

Mount Rogers, VA Trailhead video

by MDZ » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:41 pm

I am guessing everyone runs into it, but fog just plain sucks! This is my 8th highpoint climbed, and "view" at the start was pretty lame. If you watch the video, it covers:

Me complaining about fog
Reminder on what we are doing
View of the trailhead
Me complaining about fog
Some random trivia, and...
Me complaining about fog

http://summitupusa.blogspot.com/2009/11 ... ogers.html

-Mark

Hotoven

by Hotoven » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:55 am

Try hiking this in the dark with no flash lights and wild ponies running into you.

MDZ

by MDZ » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:09 am

LOL! I was just about to the top when I saw something moving around. I was a little nervous because I didn't know what it was. Then I was like, WTF? Wild Ponies?!?

Suddenly the 9 year old girl within was telling me to try and feed them and chase them aound. I was wondering how many other people ran into them. At least one more then.

Hotoven

by Hotoven » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:00 pm

MDZ wrote:LOL! I was just about to the top when I saw something moving around. I was a little nervous because I didn't know what it was. Then I was like, WTF? Wild Ponies?!?

Suddenly the 9 year old girl within was telling me to try and feed them and chase them aound. I was wondering how many other people ran into them. At least one more then.

Dude, I climbed that last Oct. and there were at least 30 of them. My friend tried jumping on one and it dominated him tough. Got bit and kicked! Good times high pointing is!

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)