Curiosity question

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:05 pm

At the bottom left corner is a link, "watch this topic for replies" which now entitles you to emails whenever someone replies. Like I just did.

T Sharp

by T Sharp » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:09 pm

Isn`t that the dialog box that confirms an e-mail will be sent when a reply to the topic is made? Rather inocuous, but a program confirmation is all it is. :)

HeyItsBen

by HeyItsBen » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:02 pm

The "watch this topic for replies" doesn't seem to work for me. My email address in my profile is correct, am I doing something wrong or does anyone else have this issue? I should receive an email when someone replies to the topic I'm watching, correct?

Also, is it possible to receive email notification when I get a PM?

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:49 pm

benjamingray wrote:The "watch this topic for replies" doesn't seem to work for me. My email address in my profile is correct, am I doing something wrong or does anyone else have this issue? I should receive an email when someone replies to the topic I'm watching, correct?

Yes, correct.

It used to work all the time for me, and then at some point I noticed I was no longer getting any notifications. I made a special point of testing it with an active thread, and I still got no e-mails. I checked my "spam" inbox also, of course. So I thought maybe my dumbass AOL account was blocking the notifications and not even putting them in "spam," so I switched my profile to use my gmail account, and I still get nothing.

Something is wrong with the notification system, and I see now that it's not just in my case.

Return to Site Feedback