Sierra license plate

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Of course, Brian's plate will look like this:

SIERRA'S

:roll:

Sierra Ledge Rat

by Sierra Ledge Rat » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:27 am

Could be worse. Here in Almost Heaven, West Virignia we have about 35 different license plates, of which 30 are NASCAR.

Git 'er done!

kiwiw

by kiwiw » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:57 pm

SHAKE AND BAKE!!!!

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:44 am

squishy wrote:To be fair...

Thanks for your candid critique of the Sierra Nevada License Plate and for forwarding the thread of blog posts. It is clear that some of the people posting are unfamiliar with current state law that only allows for the small 2”x3” image design and six characters. Given the opportunity, we would have much preferred a whole-plate design like the Yosemite plate or the Whale Tail plate. The real reason to purchase and renew specialty plates is to generate revenue for the agency sponsoring the plate. In this case, the revenue generated would go to fund projects and programs in communities throughout the Sierra Nevada (probably the communities where some of the bloggers who posted comments live or go to recreate). The pride in owning the plate is knowing where your money is going. Of course, I hope you change your mind about purchasing a plate, but I also hope you will help to spread accurate information to those who you come into contact with about the real reason to buy a plate.

Regards,

Bob Kingman
Mt. Lassen Area Program Manger
Sierra Nevada Conservancy

...She has a very good point about the money...

Bob Kingman is a she?

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:15 pm

scroll down for Bob Kingman

My guess is that calls are first answered by one of the other folks in the office, 2/3 of whom are XX types.

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:25 pm

squishy wrote:
Day Hiker wrote:
squishy wrote:To be fair...

Thanks for your candid critique of the Sierra Nevada License Plate and for forwarding the thread of blog posts. It is clear that some of the people posting are unfamiliar with current state law that only allows for the small 2”x3” image design and six characters. Given the opportunity, we would have much preferred a whole-plate design like the Yosemite plate or the Whale Tail plate. The real reason to purchase and renew specialty plates is to generate revenue for the agency sponsoring the plate. In this case, the revenue generated would go to fund projects and programs in communities throughout the Sierra Nevada (probably the communities where some of the bloggers who posted comments live or go to recreate). The pride in owning the plate is knowing where your money is going. Of course, I hope you change your mind about purchasing a plate, but I also hope you will help to spread accurate information to those who you come into contact with about the real reason to buy a plate.

Regards,

Bob Kingman
Mt. Lassen Area Program Manger
Sierra Nevada Conservancy

...She has a very good point about the money...

Bob Kingman is a she?

Sure, why not...does it matter?

It's not about "why not." He IS a MAN. I'm just wondering why you referred to him as "she."

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:20 pm

squishy wrote:There is no interesting answer, it's just a mistake, people make them sometimes...

Best post today.

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:52 pm

squishy wrote:Because I thought he was a she...There is no interesting answer, it's just a mistake, people make them sometimes...

That's cool. I wasn't exactly being mean by asking about the use of the pronoun "she," when the text YOU quoted had the guy's name right in it. I was wondering if you knew something the rest of us didn't. And, since your use of "she" was just a mistake, you could have just said that at first, instead of "Sure, why not...does it matter?"

Dingus Milktoast wrote:I don't buy into the whole ear-mark lying bullshit marketing ploy, myself.

+1

Reminds me of state lotteries. How much lottery money goes to schools? How about the money that USED to go to schools, now that lottery money is going to schools in its place?

They are probably careful not to be specific, but they market the lottery as if all the money from it goes to schools IN ADDITION to the money that was originally going to schools, and the lottery revenue provides that much net gain for the schools.

All of these things are just ways to increase the big pot that is state revenue. Earmarks don't mean shit.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:03 pm

squishy wrote:All I have to do is look at the names and staff of this organization an ask myself, who is paying for them and what exactly are they doing? Besides replying to my email 7 days after it was sent...

http://www.sierranevadaconservancy.ca.gov/about_us.html

They provide strategic direction. And design license plates. And fill out TPS reports (with the new cover sheet).

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:05 pm

MoapaPk wrote:And fill out TPS reports (with the new cover sheet).

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

brianhughes

by brianhughes » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:59 pm

The Sierra Nevada Conservancy met earlier this month in Chico at the Sierra Nevada Brewing Company ........

Guess all their conference rooms were already booked up?

Previous

Return to California