Mount Crested Butte -- Mountaineer's route

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
JustinShapiro

Mount Crested Butte -- Mountaineer's route

by JustinShapiro » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:25 am

I've climbed the service road route in the summer, but I've been hearing about a more difficult mountaineers route for Mount Crested Butte?

Does anyone know where the route is located? If so, can anyone point me to page or an information source. Any info would be helpful, thx...

no avatar
a_skier

by a_skier » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:44 am

There's the occasional bolt on the ridge to the left (looking up) of hall of fame. Haven't done it personally, but I think there are some low 5th class sections.

some entries from the cbmg page: http://www.cbguidesblog.com/another-summer-gone-by/

hope that helps. BTW, it's just crested butte. Mount crested butte is redundant, and a little pet peeve of mine.

JustinShapiro

by JustinShapiro » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:04 am

cool man, thanks that helps alot. and yea, the peaks offical name is crested butte, but people often confuse it with the town so i just add the "mount" and theres no problems.

no avatar
a_skier

by a_skier » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 am

yeah, it gets a little confusing between crested butte the town, mount crested butte the other town, and crested butte the mountain. anyway, have fun, i'm sure it's a fun route and one I should probably make a point of doing myself next summer

Return to Colorado