Denver SP Social

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
Steven Cross

Denver SP Social

by Steven Cross » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:01 am

I’ve been in Denver for over 5 years, and since then I’ve been wanting to meet the people on Summitpost, here in our beautiful state . Wednesday, January 20th 2010, my wife and I would like to have a Summitpost get-together at our house. Also, on Monday, January 25th , for those who can’t make it, that would like to do this on another day. I have come across something that is very exciting that I would like to introduce to the Colorado SP Community here. I’ve come across a way of saving money on gear as well as other stuff. I think it would be a great way to network and share something huge! We will meet at 7:00pm. We will have goodies and refreshments. If this interests you, then message me and I will give you my address and phone number. We live just off of Santa Fe and Evans. Bring family or friends! . I’m looking forward to finally meeting members of SP!

------NOTICE-------
I apologize to everyone for posting this. I can see now how this appears in everyones eyes. It was not my intention to have everyone believe I was selling anything. There is no product I am selling. My wife and I decided to cancel the meeting. Thank you to everyone who commented.
Last edited by Steven Cross on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

McCannster

by McCannster » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:16 am

Cool, I'm definitely interested in coming. Sent you a PM.

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:56 pm

I'd love to meet other SPers but....

This isn't one of those "listen to my sales pitch then you can have a beer" kind of gatherings, I hope?

Steve Larson

by Steve Larson » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:58 pm

An SP gathering sounds like fun, but they way you present it, it sounds like an Amway get together. Why not share your secret with us now? I would be interested in meeting other SPers in CO, but not if the real purpose of the gathering is to sell us something.

no avatar
mconnell

by mconnell » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Steve Larson wrote:An SP gathering sounds like fun, but they way you present it, it sounds like an Amway get together. Why not share your secret with us now? I would be interested in meeting other SPers in CO, but not if the real purpose of the gathering is to sell us something.

My thought exactly. I think it is pretty clear that this is a commercial venture, and not a social gathering.

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:22 pm

Steve Larson wrote:An SP gathering sounds like fun, but they way you present it, it sounds like an Amway get together.

AAAACCCKKKKKK!!!!!!! Not another Pyramid Scheme!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!

/MarthaP runs screaming from the forum....peeks head back in..../

I also believe any type of commercial venture where the OP stands to make a buck or three is verboten on this site.

/....retreats back behind hard drive..../

Steven Cross

by Steven Cross » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:22 pm

I apologize to everyone for posting this. I can see now how this appears in everyones eyes. It was not my intention to have everyone believe I was selling anything. There is no product I am selling. My wife and I decided to cancel the meeting. Thank you to everyone who commented.

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Well, now, don't just drop the ball and leave us guessing! You posted
I’ve come across a way of saving money on gear as well as other stuff. I think it would be a great way to network and share something huge!

and it'd be nice to at least have an inkling of what we missed out on. :roll:

moonspots

by moonspots » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 pm

Steven Cross wrote:I apologize to everyone for posting this. I can see now how this appears in everyones eyes. ....

Ok, if it APPEARS to be how it is not, then how about presenting to all how it really IS?

no avatar
mconnell

by mconnell » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:22 am

Steven Cross wrote:I apologize to everyone for posting this. I can see now how this appears in everyones eyes. It was not my intention to have everyone believe I was selling anything. There is no product I am selling. My wife and I decided to cancel the meeting. Thank you to everyone who commented.

If you're not selling anything (or otherwise profiting), why not just say so and go ahead with the get together? People would love the chance at a friendly get together, but just aren't interested in a thinly veiled sales pitch.

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:49 am

Well, hell, I'll have a gathering at my cottage in Evergreen! I've got nothin' to sell, don't give a damn if you show up or not but if you do it'll be entertaining.

Howsabout we pick a date? I work Tues - Sat. There's snowshoeing, ice skating, skiing, critter watchin' and a whole lotta quiet. I'll cook up a mess of somethin' good, since no one leaves my house hungry, and we can decide on the rest. If y'all want to crash here Sunday and head out on something Monday, you'd better like cats that snore.

Let me know if anyone wants to take my offer seriously.

DudeThatMustHurt

by DudeThatMustHurt » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:38 am

Wish I could but I'll be out of town... But we've already met umpteen times so it's cool homie!

McCannster

by McCannster » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:57 am

MarthaP wrote:I'll cook up a mess of somethin' good, since no one leaves my house hungry, and we can decide on the rest. If y'all want to crash here Sunday and head out on something Monday, you'd better like cats that snore.

Yes, and yes!

Steven Cross

by Steven Cross » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Martha, What you propose, having a get-to-gather up in the mountains, with fun things to do and a lot of food to fill everybody up does sound much better then I can do. I honestly could not propose a better offer. Also finding out a date that works for a large group is better then me setting a date and hoping people can come. I seriously could not do better then a few goodies. Thank you for your invitation and all your wonderful ideas! :D

Kiefer

by Kiefer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:08 am

This sounds very interesting!

Martha, if you can set up a specific date on this, I'd love to come down & meet other SP'ers.
It's been an age since I've been to Evergreen.
In general, great idea, Steven! 8)

Next

Return to Colorado