Personal attacks

Report bad submissions here in order to get them detached by the community. Also, post challenges to existing pages.
no avatar
Dave K
Forum Moderator

by Dave K » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:10 pm

squishy wrote:
Dave K wrote:
squishy wrote:
Dave K wrote:I personally think a discussion is a healthy thing.

But no, for the most part (and I mentioned a few exceptions above), we aren't going to moderate it. We're certainly not going to start untangling insults and their causation. We don't have time to do it, we don't have the desire to do it, and from our experience doing it, it solves little. It has proven to be a shit job for us with little net-benefit to the site.

So the ONLY exception you listed was the use of "multiple avatars doing the attacks". The nature, content and/or results of the attacks are not considered PERIOD, by the administration of this website?

Do you know what you're essentially telling me? That's scary dude...

Maybe it's better that people don't know this...

No, that's not what I said Squishy. There are a few other times. But...we are NOT getting into cleaning up insults. And for the most part, we are leaving it alone.

"scary"?
Most people really don't seem to care that much as long as the insults stay there. Chief sums it up nicely in his post above.

Sorry you don't like it.

I'm sorry but I went back through the whole thing and the only "mentioned a few exceptions above" I could find were the multiple avatars, so no, you did not list anything else. I would like to hear them if your willing to list them...Could you have been mistaken and thought you listed them but in fact did not? I can only assume, by your statements, that your replies have been complete...

Some things we will delete include threats of violence, illegal stuff, advertisements, etc. Sometimes we'll find other stuff that strikes us as contrary to the interests of the site, but aren't listed, and we'll delete it. I'm not going to list everything. You can read the FAQ and terms of service for more info.

I did not, repeat, did not say that was the "only" reason for moderation. That is your insertion of the word "only" into my statement.

I think I'm going to move on now...
Last edited by Dave K on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rhyang

by rhyang » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:10 pm

squishy wrote:
rhyang wrote:This thread is starting to remind me of one of those where a certain SP'er starts complaining about the MLC SC or whatever that kicked him out 20 years ago ..

God I hate those threads, really? Fine I'll stop then, but if you don't like it you don't have to read it....hahahahahahahahahahaha

heheh .. just giving you a look in the mirror .. what you do based on what you see is your choice :)

drjohnso1182

by drjohnso1182 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:20 pm

squishy wrote:I'm playing devils advocate, and it's fun.

Ah, you are trolling. Dammit.

maddie77777

by maddie77777 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 pm

JasonH wrote:
maddie77777 wrote:It sounded like good-natured ribbing, however politically incorrect it may have been. Is it just a couple people you are having problems with?

Spoken like someone that has never been to the cesspool.

Heh, I've never been to the P&P cesspool, but it doesn't take long to realize that any "general commentary" area of any internet forum is a cesspool. I've been to many, posted on many, and I just don't see the need to get all bent out of shape over what someone with the "bravado of anonymity" has to say, or argue, or even threaten. I find it's better to embrace it and run with it than try to overcome it.

no avatar
Dave K
Forum Moderator

by Dave K » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:47 pm

Alright Squishy, feel free to nitpick me. I'm sure everyone else finds it enthralling.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:55 pm

squishy wrote:
MoapaPk wrote:You don't want a fair resolution, so much as you just want to "win".

Yes, that's the point of debate...isn't it?

Well, there you have it. I was initially under the impression that you wanted a logical solution, not one based on squirmy rhetoric.

Dave Dinnell

by Dave Dinnell » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:01 pm

MoapaPk wrote:
squishy wrote:
MoapaPk wrote:You don't want a fair resolution, so much as you just want to "win".

Yes, that's the point of debate...isn't it?

Well, there you have it. I was initially under the impression that you wanted a logical solution, not one based on squirmy rhetoric.

I believe that would be squishy rhetoric. :lol:

Oops, sorry, don't mean to add fuel to flames... Where are those damn llamas when you need them.....

rhyang

by rhyang » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:09 pm

Someone called ?

Sometimes we all need to have our hands held and be told everything's gonna be OK :mrgreen:

JasonH

Re: Personal attacks

by JasonH » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:51 pm

squishy wrote:Did I get that right?

Nope, you forgot the Llama photo.

Dave Dinnell

by Dave Dinnell » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:16 pm

Now, that is some gooood llama :lol:

JasonH

by JasonH » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Squishy, if a Llama attacked you, would you take it personal? 8)

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:48 pm

JasonH wrote:Squishy, if a Llama attacked you, would you take it personal? 8)

Whatever the llama did, he would argue with it.

Corax

by Corax » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:11 pm

Puma concolor wrote: All forums are basically just a form of socialization.

Yep, that's it and it reflects life as a whole very well.

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:39 pm

Yeah - I basically agree with people I have never seen.
Just words floating around in a foggy Cyberspace.

But my question remains - why must we FOLLOW other people into the TOILET :?: :?: :?: :shock:

rhyang

by rhyang » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:23 pm

Ah, the good old days :twisted:

Now that p & p is gone, it would seem that the abusive behavior continues in Site Feedback.

I'm not suggesting that p & p be restored -- rather, that the abusers should get what's coming to them. Rules are rules, and all that.

PreviousNext

Return to Bad Submissions