Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Everest climber helps avert Cat-astrophe

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Postby MoapaPk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:43 am

radson wrote:The amount of negativity to a 60 year old woman who saved a cat is simply extraordinary.

Is life really that bitter?

See the comments of Bob S for the similar thread about the 17-year-old Everest climber. She has committed the ultimate offense: casting a shadow on carefully-polished egos.
MoapaPk

Postby jonesa37 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:43 am

JasonH wrote:
radson wrote:The amount of negativity to a 60 year old woman who saved a cat is simply extraordinary.

Word. Maybe its time to start passing these out.

Image[/quote

wont work i am hopped up on amp energy drinks doing differential equations for my groundwater class
jonesa37

Postby Corax » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:28 am

+1

MoapaPk wrote:She has committed the ultimate offense: casting a shadow on carefully-polished egos.

Yes, exactly. That's what it's all about.
Corax

Postby nhluhr » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Lolli wrote:
jonesa37 wrote:
Ed viesters, Jim Whittaker... and many others climbed by their own means don't even compare this woman with those true climbers....

"this woman" ?

That is a pretty insulting comment. Have you yourself managed to do what she has done?

She did a nice thing, and people bash her for that?
:?
True philanhtropy comes without personal gain. She, however, called the news crew and put on a show before rescuing kitteh.
nhluhr

Postby jonesa37 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:12 pm

nhluhr wrote:
Lolli wrote:
jonesa37 wrote:
Ed viesters, Jim Whittaker... and many others climbed by their own means don't even compare this woman with those true climbers....

"this woman" ?

That is a pretty insulting comment. Have you yourself managed to do what she has done?

True philanhtropy comes without personal gain. She, however, called the news crew and put on a show before rescuing kitteh.

WORD

"Oh I was out running on the trail and I heard a kitty cry so I went home called the new station first, then animal control, and had my agent write me up a personal statement of all my accomplishments, oh and to rap off the bridge abutment, I will require my mountaineering boots, rope, acenders, helmet... the rap will be about 1m so I will bring my 60m rope...."

Oh and if managing to do what she has done required no funds as I am a poor ass college student then yes in a heartbeat.
jonesa37

Postby drjohnso1182 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:12 pm

jonesa37 wrote:
nhluhr wrote:
Lolli wrote:
jonesa37 wrote:

"this woman" ?

WORD

"Oh I was out running on the trail and I heard a kitty cry so I went home called the new station first, then animal control, and had my agent write me up a personal statement of all my accomplishments, oh and to rap off the bridge abutment, I will require my mountaineering boots, rope, acenders, helmet... the rap will be about 1m so I will bring my 60m rope...."

Oh and if managing to do what she has done required no funds as I am a poor ass college student then yes in a heartbeat.

So you two are taking issue with the style of her philanthropy?
drjohnso1182

Postby nhluhr » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:23 pm

She didn't act philanthropically at all.
nhluhr

Postby TheOrglingLlama » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:40 pm

:mrgreen:
TheOrglingLlama

Previous

Return to General