Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

WIDEST plastic boots

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

WIDEST plastic boots

Postby Robg » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:16 pm

I've only owned Koflach exps and my old pair sz 11 US (yellow w/purple) are beat to hell. They fit great with no foot pain. I just bought a new pair of Invernos sz 10/11 with the stock liner sz 10.5. Both felt the same in the living room but 1.5 hours into a climb they started killing me. I wimpered every step (solo climb). I have very wide high volume feet and looking for the widest boot out there.

or

As I was getting the sizes for this message I may have found a solution. The old koflach liners fit great/comfortable in the invernos. Maybe I just need new set of liners for the Invernos?
Robg

Postby DukeJH » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:56 pm

I've found the Invernos to be the widest boot out there. I ended up with the Arctis because the hinge on the Inverno chews up my ankle. Could it be that your Arctis liners are packed out?
DukeJH

Tip: Japanese feet

Postby robertjoy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:47 pm

When I was in Japan many years ago I was astounded to learn that I could not buy a narrow shoe. My C-D width feet were much too narrow for the typical Japanese shoe. From the shoes that were available, I would guess that the typical Japanese foot must be and E width or wider. So.... find out where Japanese climbers buy their boots.
robertjoy

Postby T Mac » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:02 pm

The widest I've been able to find are the Scarpa Invernos, which have come the closest to fitting my 4E flippers of all the plastics I've tried.
T Mac

Postby Robg » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:37 pm

yup I'm thinking my Koflach liners are "packed out". I put so many miles on them that I don't remember if they ever hurt my feet originally.

I'll need to go a size larger on the stock liner and at the same time get a lower volume one.

I'm assuming the Intuitions or High Alt liners are smaller volume?
Robg

Postby Brad Marshall » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:03 am

I've found the Intuition liners to be larger in volume once formed to my feet.
Brad Marshall

Return to Gear