looking for people to climb Mt. Rainier with

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
koflachowner

looking for people to climb Mt. Rainier with

by koflachowner » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:34 am

Hi, I am obviously new to this forum. I would like to climb Mt. Rainer in Late June/early July this coming summer. Problem is, I don't know anyone who can climb with me at this time.

I have climbed Denali guided with AMS and have taken a 6 day MTN course with AMS prior to climbing Denali.
so,
2008, 6 day course on the Kahiltna Glacier up near the higher base camp

2009, climbed Denali.

I made it to 19,200 before making the decision myself to turn around. I had a bad day and it happened to be summit day. Had a headache and was feeling like toast.

Well, I am 32 and have two children and a wife and work in Orlando Florida with children at a children's home.

I was thinking of doing Rainer solo, but wanted to see if anyone was gearing up for a trip and would not mind another climber. I have gear. I don't know how else to say it, but I would like to see if I could join a group and perhaps begin correspondence. Thanks for any advice or help.

no avatar
koflachowner

by koflachowner » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Well, can't say as I blame anyone for not replying. I as a climber completely understand and I probably would not invite someone I did not know on a climb of Mt. Rainier. I know that all my experience could very well be fictitious to someone who did not know me. Well. If anyone was willing, I would be glad to talk over the phone or on AIM chat.

billisfree

by billisfree » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:53 pm

Relax, wait a couple of days for people to respond..

It's pretty early for anyone to make a commitment so far in advance. I'm sure you'll get a few takers.

Brad F

by Brad F » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:50 pm

PM sent

Cascade Scrambler

by Cascade Scrambler » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Patience will net you some replies. We're headed up there in May- too early for your timing unfortunately.

Curt

by Curt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:33 pm

You might want to post up in the Plans and Partners section, too, if you haven't. I think most of the trip planning gets done in the threads, but Plans and Partners has worked very well for me when I've needed to recruit partners for a trip.

no avatar
koflachowner

by koflachowner » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:06 pm

Thanks curt, I'll try that.

ExcitableBoy

Re: looking for people to climb Mt. Rainier with

by ExcitableBoy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:26 pm

Hello,

Do you have a particular route in mind? I would like to do Tahoma glacier next year if that interests you. Send me a PM if you are interested.

EB

no avatar
koflachowner

by koflachowner » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:51 am

Open to either Ingahram glacier or emmons.

no avatar
koflachowner

by koflachowner » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:40 am

Currently I have two potential people who might climb with me this summer, but this is not in stone yet.
Last edited by koflachowner on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hotfeet

Rainier Planning!

by Hotfeet » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:28 am

I recommend trying to have several people who want to go. Back ups if you will. Last year I met up with several great climbers here on SP. Before the group was final, several would be participants couldn't go for one reason or another. I actually was one of the back ups. We had a great time climbing Rainier together and plan to travel this year to climb together again.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I've climbed DC route twice but would like to go another route if it should work. Let me know if you need another!

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)